Howling noise from engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Gus

Post by Gus »

And his boot is full of tools, no space for golf clubs.....
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Gus wrote:And his boot is full of tools, no space for golf clubs.....
I was forgetting that ...... plus the full size spare wheel and tyre :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Mikiziz

Post by Mikiziz »

My 1,5 diesel CX-3 were three days at the dealers and they found out that the howling noise is coming from the high pressure pump.

New pump has ordered and they are going to change it. Lets see, whats gonna happen after the work is done.
Moura

Post by Moura »

My car came from the dealership today. They were working on the problem (they recorded the size of the air bubbles that came out from the fuel filter and send the video to Mazda Europe in Germany) and in my case, they only changed the fuel filter. The noise has stopped ,for now at least, but I will keep an eye (and ears!) and see if it doesn't happen again!
08/16 Crystal White CX-3, 1.5 SkyActiv Diesel, manual FWD - Excellence Navi
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Exactly, if the noise is air moving around, I doubt I would bother with it and I can’t see a HP pump fixing it either. They might stop the noise with bleeding it after. Unfortunately, the CX`3 doesn’t have any proper means of bleeding the engine, it has to be drawn from an open connection on the engine.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Basher

Post by Basher »

It is indeed air in the fuel filter air. I have had it on my diesel CX3 and it drove me mad for weeks. It's funny how your ear can tune in to a certain noise and seem to amplify it :) My local dealer had to contact Japan to get a fix but changed the fuel filter assembly and all ok
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

I got mine fixed in the end. Never found the time to get it back into the dealer and had to get it serviced so got the local garage who I've used for years to do it. They changed the fuel filter as part of the service and no noise since.

Mine had previously had the bubbles measured and the pump replaced under warranty but it did nothing.
Soul red D 2wd manual sport nav
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:16 amlive with it
Yeah probably sound advice unless it's bad. Think of it as part of the cars character. Few franchise dealers IMO will have a hope of finding it without replacing half the car bit by bit hoping for the best. Meanwhile putting the replacement parts on in a substandard way.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

I've got to say anyone who say's live with it is either deaf or doesn't mind paying for a car with a fault! There is no way I could have lived with the noise it could be heard over the stereo
Soul red D 2wd manual sport nav
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

GARRYT wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:36 pm I've got to say anyone who say's live with it is either deaf or doesn't mind paying for a car with a fault! There is no way I could have lived with the noise it could be heard over the stereo
Yeah I really depends on how offence it is. Some may be happy enough n others will get obsessed by it n hone in on it
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)