Hello from Surrey

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Soulman and welcome to the forum. If it's your first car with auto lights I would give a word of warning. I had them on a previous car and as the light faded the headlights came on, unfortunately a guy waiting to pull out from a side turning thought I was indicating to him to carry on. I don't know how I manage to stop, but needless to say I have never used auto lights since. Of course they don't turn on if it is foggy either so I find using the grey matter is the safer option. Other than that the toys can be good fun to use.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Brilliant. Glad you are liking it. I ran a lead to the rear trinket box for my I phone 6 until I got a brodit clip. There are photos of both somewhere!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Soulman

Post by Soulman »

Strangways wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:45 pm Hi Soulman and welcome to the forum. If it's your first car with auto lights I would give a word of warning. I had them on a previous car and as the light faded the headlights came on, unfortunately a guy waiting to pull out from a side turning thought I was indicating to him to carry on. I don't know how I manage to stop, but needless to say I have never used auto lights since. Of course they don't turn on if it is foggy either so I find using the grey matter is the safer option. Other than that the toys can be good fun to use.
Thanks for the post Strangways. I had auto lights on the Q3 but not auto main beam, not that the CX-3 has auto turned them on yet. Glad you managed to stop in time. As you intimate, toys are there to be used wisely and not to depend on them.
CX-3 Sport Nav - Soul Red - 2.0 Petrol - Manual (Safety Pack & Detachable Tow Bar) - Mar 17.
Soulman

Post by Soulman »

anchorman wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm Brilliant. Glad you are liking it. I ran a lead to the rear trinket box for my I phone 6 until I got a brodit clip. There are photos of both somewhere!
Thanks Anchorman, yep I have two cables running from a dual USB plug to the trinket box as a temp fix, I'll have a look at the Brodit clip.
CX-3 Sport Nav - Soul Red - 2.0 Petrol - Manual (Safety Pack & Detachable Tow Bar) - Mar 17.
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

Fairly new to the forum myself, you'll find it really useful. Welcome aboard.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd