Greetings

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Bill wrote:
anchorman wrote:How did you connect the second horn? Was the wire there or did you piggy back it?
Hi anchoreman
I found the horn fitted had only one connection, so it earthed through the frame I extended the original wire to the N/S, well away from moving parts and connected the two horns as you say piggy backed them, so nothing altered with the original wire just an extension to the new horns position.
Bill
Nice work on the horn, where did you get the other one from? Official Mazda parts?

Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Rob
Its a Bosch High tone horn that I've had for a while, cant remember where I got it ;)
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

Thanks Bill for that information, I have a spare Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning Air Horn I would like to fit, I wonder if there is any room to fit that.
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
Bill

Post by Bill »

Silver19 wrote:Thanks Bill for that information, I have a spare Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning Air Horn I would like to fit, I wonder if there is any room to fit that.
Hi Silver19
If you fit air horns you will require a relay, as they pull more current, better to just to add the High tone horn, I cant tell you the difference it makes :D
Bill
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

Yep had to fit a relay with Stebel horn on my Qashqai. I quite like your solution I might just go that route for my CX3 when I get it, Might stick that spare Stebel on my bike.

Scott
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

The horn circuit is fitted with a relay.
horn.pdf
(85.36 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Got the chance to remove the bumper and star applying a good coat of Tetroseal. Doesn't look quite so pretty with the bumper off and you can clearly see the single horn.

McBill, you must have the skinniest arms because I couldn't get anywhere near mine with the bumper on. Anyway, I fitted a pair of OEM Fiam horns from Amazon on the same bracket.

Bill

Post by Bill »

Wow anchoreman You are a braver man than me :o you are right that's why I mounted my twin horns where I did.
I handed in a letter of rejection to the dealer this morning and asked for a like for like replacement new car or my money back, so we will see how that goes? not heard back from as yet, I also sent Mazda Customer Services the same letter, but still waiting for a response from them ! :|
Bill
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Bill wrote:Wow anchoreman You are a braver man than me :o you are right that's why I mounted my twin horns where I did.
I handed in a letter of rejection to the dealer this morning and asked for a like for like replacement new car or my money back, so we will see how that goes? not heard back from as yet, I also sent Mazda Customer Services the same letter, but still waiting for a response from them ! :|
Bill
Everything crossed for you Bill. You've done it correctly so they should hopefully come up with the goods. It's such a shame - while there are some things I would change, the gearbox isn't one of them. It's the best I've come across that isn't an expensive Merc.