things I should learn at handover?!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

Looking forward to taking delivery of my new CX3 2 litre auto petrol SportsNav 2wd in a week or so. Reading the forum, its become obvious to me that quite a lot of its "tech" needs a fair amount of getting to grips with! When I have my handover at the dealership, what in your experience should I focus on learning? I would much appreciate suggestions please! :D
CX3 Sport Nav 2 litre petrol auto 2WD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica - front sensors, arm rest, aluminium pedals

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I'd recommend using the enclosed to assist when collecting your new car. It is so easy to get worked up when wanting to get in the car and drive it off the forecourt that simple things are forgotten. At least using the lists or similar makes sure you haven't missed checking off anything obvious.

One document is a new car checklist from Which, covering all the basics. The other document is one I drew up covering the options / extras I'd purchased and some other items I wanted to remind myself to discuss with the dealer

Mazda_CX-3_New_Car_Collect_Checklist.pdf
(59.06 KiB) Downloaded 528 times

There is also this link to useful items on the Mazda website which will fill in the 3 weeks till your new car arrives :) :-

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/p ... d-manuals/

There are a load of videos there about various features on the car plus a quick start guide manual explaining the main things you need to know before driving off into the sunset :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:51 pm I'd recommend using the enclosed to assist when collecting your new car. It is so easy to get worked up when wanting to get in the car and drive it off the forecourt that simple things are forgotten. At least using the lists or similar makes sure you haven't missed checking off anything obvious.

One document is a new car checklist from Which, covering all the basics. The other document is one I drew up covering the options / extras I'd purchased and some other items I wanted to remind myself to discuss with the dealer

Mazda_CX-3_New_Car_Collect_Checklist.pdf
Mazda CX-3 Collection Checklist Extras April2016.doc

There is also this link to useful items on the Mazda website which will fill in the 3 weeks till your new car arrives :) :-

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/p ... d-manuals/

There are a load of videos there about various features on the car plus a quick start guide manual explaining the main things you need to know before driving off into the sunset :)
wow that's brilliant, I shall read all this tonight! Thanks so much Steve :D
CX3 Sport Nav 2 litre petrol auto 2WD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica - front sensors, arm rest, aluminium pedals
Gus

Post by Gus »

Someone is getting excited :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

Gus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm Someone is getting excited :D
Yes and I was particularly appreciative of Steve taking so much trouble in his response to my post :D
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

manofkent wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 pm
Gus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm Someone is getting excited :D
Yes and I was particularly appreciative of Steve taking so much trouble in his response to my post :D
No problem. Very nice of you to say Manofkent. Hoped it might be of use to you and others intending to collect their new car in the future. I know I found it very useful to tick off the items whilst looking round the car or talking with the dealer in the showroom, without being overwhelmed by the whole handover process and the constant thoughts of driving it away asap :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

I'm embarrassed to admit that I arrived at the dealership late on a Friday afternoon, signed a ton of forms in the office, went out to the car, the salesman showed me the spare and jack etc in the boot, and I jumped in and drove off.
2016 CX-3 Active, 2.0l, Manual, Ceramic. 82 000 km
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

I ordered my CX3 about 4 weeks ago and was told in would be for a June delivery but subsequently revised to "end of March-ish" Still haven't been given an exact date. Is this usual?
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

manofkent wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:27 pm I ordered my CX3 about 4 weeks ago and was told in would be for a June delivery but subsequently revised to "end of March-ish" Still haven't been given an exact date. Is this usual?
Think mine was delivered 6weeks after ordered. If yours is in stock in Denmark (i think that's where Europe's are stockpiled) it might be a bit quicker. If not it's most likely to be on boat to Denmark. Which could add upto a few weeks i guess.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)