Paint protection & front sensors as extras?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
CX3AFC

Post by CX3AFC »

Hi all

I have just joined the forum after ordering a cx-3 sport nav in ceramic white and was just wondering if anyone has paid extra for paint protection - if so was it worth it?

The car will have the safety pack, armrest and scuff plates fitted but undecided on whether to get the front sensors fitted - are they advisable do you think?

Thanks in advance

Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

CX3AFC wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 pm Hi all

I have just joined the forum after ordering a cx-3 sport nav in ceramic white and was just wondering if anyone has paid extra for paint protection - if so was it worth it?

The car will have the safety pack, armrest and scuff plates fitted but undecided on whether to get the front sensors fitted - are they advisable do you think?

Thanks in advance
I don't think it necessary. But depends on your spacial awareness i guess. I found them a bit annoying on another car as they were always beeping at me when i didn't need em. As an optional extra I think they have an on off button. So might not be a pain if u turn em off
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums.

There are a couple of topics discussing the front parking sensors here and here that you might find useful. I've not got them on my CX-3, but they seem like a popular option.

I wouldn't bother paying for the paint protection sealant. The paint is prone to stone chips, but the sealant won't prevent them, it's just like a hardwearing wax polish.

Have you considered alloy wheel and tyre accidental damage insurance? It's an option I was offered by the dealer and purchased. However the policy must cover damage to 'diamond cut' alloys, (some policies specifically exclude them), and be aware that if a wheel has to be sent away for repair, the CX-3 doesn't come with a spare as standard.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

jtonline wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 am Welcome to the forums.

I wouldn't bother paying for the paint protection sealant. The paint is prone to stone chips, but the sealant won't prevent them, it's just like a hardwearing wax polish.

I'd have to disagree with JT here; I had the paint protection and mine is Ceramic, unlike some other colours I haven't experienced paint chips but that's nothing to do with the sealant. I had it on my previous car and just think it makes keeping it clean that much easier.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

alanandlyn wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:12 pm ... I'd have to disagree with JT here ...
Hang on, let me have a look at the rule book, I don't think that's allowed :lol:
Julian.
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

CX3AFC, we paid for the £299 Mazda extra called 'Lifeshine' from Autoglym. Our CX-3 remains clean for an impressive amount of time. The treatment involved Interior Protectant, Bodywork Gloss (including Carbon Shield Technology) and Glass Guard.

Doesn't make any difference, however, if a pair of pigeons (with muddy feet) decide to walk all over the car's roof. Annoying.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection is only £11.19 a bottle from Halfords. ;) It's not lifetime, but an application lasts at least 4 months in my experience, and there's plenty in a bottle.
Julian.
CX3AFC

Post by CX3AFC »

Thanks for all the replies.

Have decided not to go for the paint protection and with regards to the front sensors I am going to wait and see whether I need them once I've driven the car for a while.

Didn't think about alloy insurance but that's definitely something I'll investigate further.

Hopefully will have the car in a weeks time or so and can't wait!
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

I don't think the paint protection will ever stop paint chips, but, it does depend on the colour of your pride and joy, as to if you notice them or not. The base/undercoat on my soul red cx3 is an off white colour, so any chip, no matter how small stands out. I guess on a ceramic colour, they would be harder to spot.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Tim J

Post by Tim J »

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome and thought I'd search on this topic as we've just ordered a Sport Nav.
Our dealer has offered the LifeShine for £400 and although it includes a decent set of autoglym products, it's nothing that I haven't already got.
As I understand it, the paint is already sealed and you break the seal each time you wash the car.
I always seal the paintwork anyway before a wax which assists with the beading so just wondered whether the additional outlay is worth it.

I'll be researching the gtechnik system as well, has anybody gone down this route?

Sorry for the long post

Thanks

Tim