Gt Sport is home.

Post pictures of your CX3 here
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

MJC1216 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 am Prefer the original with black borders.

I have them on both my cars and to me they look better.

The rear plate makes it look like a taxi(Most taxis round my way have a rear square number plate and a square taxi plate) :D
Got these on my Fiesta St 😀

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

piekkok

Post by piekkok »

Morning UK!

I find it funny that you can make your own plates.
Here in Holland it isn’t legal.
When i’d made my own plates, i’d make it to the end of the street before a policecar would stop me and took possession of my car till i’d have the original plates again. Which can only be bought by registered shops.
And they are boring too ( the plates, not those shops, althoughi haven’t got any experience with them, so maybe they are boring too), one size, always the blue EU logo on it, the only choice we have is standard plates (numbers and letters stanzed out on it), or luxury plates ( flat plates with plastic numbers and letters attached on it, but if then someone parks his towing bar in your plate, the letters or numbers are directly broken, so bye bye luxury plate).
I drive a CX-3, happily! :P
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

There are ways round the legislation in the UK.
Number plates can be bought on eBay "for display purposes only" but who knows what the buyer will do with them.
I did not begrudge Eden Mazda a bit of free advertising on my CX-3's number plates. What I did object to was the presence of the EU logo, but a pair of self adhesive Union flags cured that little problem.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi Grumpydad,
How easy was it to get the covers off. I don't want to break them.

I noticed in the manual it lists the existing bulbs as Luggage = 5 watts, Overhead rear = 8 watts, Overhead front = 10 watts.

Doh ! - somewhat confused, is this really correct?

Cheers, Andy
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Strictly speaking, to be road legal, the number plate must not only bear the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d), but also the name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier of the plate and also the name and postcode of the registered supplying outlet.

If any of that information is missing or you fall foul of any of the other regulations about plate design, character size, font, spacing, national flags etc., etc., then you risk failing an MOT and/or a fine of up to £1000 :shock:

DVLA INF104
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am ...How easy was it to get the covers off. I don't want to break them.

I did the swap to LED and the light lenses are quite easy to remove. Just go carefully, following the diagrams on page 6-52 (2017 Owners Manual) of where to prod them with a flat blade screwdriver.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am How easy was it to get the covers off. I don't want to break them.
I noticed in the manual it lists the existing bulbs as Luggage = 5 watts, Overhead rear = 8 watts, Overhead front = 10 watts.
I asked the same question last week:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1416#p9931

The upgrade set with LED interior lighs had 4 lights (2 x front map, centre and boot), all the same power.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

jtonline wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:26 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am ...How easy was it to get the covers off. I don't want to break them.

I did the swap to LED and the light lenses are quite easy to remove. Just go carefully, following the diagrams on page 6-52 (2017 Owners Manual) of where to prod them with a flat blade screwdriver.
thanks, I will. Strange if it was an old car I would go gung-ho, but being new makes me nervous.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

hsdejong wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:12 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am How easy was it to get the covers off. I don't want to break them.
I asked the same question last week:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1416#p9931

The upgrade set with LED interior lighs had 4 lights (2 x front map, centre and boot), all the same power.
thanks very much
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

jtonline wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:11 pm Strictly speaking, to be road legal, the number plate must not only bear the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d), but also the name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier of the plate and also the name and postcode of the registered supplying outlet.

If any of that information is missing or you fall foul of any of the other regulations about plate design, character size, font, spacing, national flags etc., etc., then you risk failing an MOT and/or a fine of up to £1000 :shock:

DVLA INF104
Really?

If you follow that argument to it's logical conclusion, anyone still displaying the EU logo on their UK number plates after we leave could be breaking the law. Sorry but I don't buy it, any more than the idea that I could be penalised for displaying my national flag on my number plates. Just let them try!
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.