Gt Sport is home.

Post pictures of your CX3 here
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

I'll let you know next week as I'm doing a full detail. Got two cars to do, the cx3 and a vw polo.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Set to work on my mums car this morning at 8.30, had a break at 1pm and went for a pub lunch with my daughter and started on the car again at 2pm and finished at 4pm. If you include the hour I spent last night doing the wheels, it's a total of about 7 hours taking into account the odd drink break. Weather was perfect, rumours of a light shower, so as I was going to be applying a ceramic coating a gazebo was put up.
This also helped with the polishing as kept the panels out of the sun.
So the order of jobs was,
Wash car.
Towel dry.
Clay mitt and detail spray over all panels to get a smooth surface.
Da polisher with medium cutting paste to remove swirl marks
and any light scratches.
Da polisher with fine polish paste to bring out the best of the paint.
Carpro eraser wiped over all panels to remove any excess oils from the polishing process. This is essential for the ceramic coating to bond to the paint as best it can.
Carpro ceramic coating applied to one panel at a time, left for 5 minutes then wiped over.
After an hour Carpro reload applied by spraying it on and wiping off.
Wheels waxed, tyres and arches having Adams tyre shine and Adams under carriage spray applied.
Rubber trim and plastics had a coating of Valet pro " black to the future "
All glass inside and out cleaned with Meguiars glass cleaner.

The ceramic coating starts to cure after an hour and fully cured in 24 hours. This coating lasts for about 18 months and makes future washes a lot easier and also helps prevent swirl marks.
Next car to have the same treatment is the Mazda cx-3.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

During shots.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Correcting the paint etc ready for the ceramic coating.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

And the final results. It's come up beautifully considering its 8 years old.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Wow! Great result Grumpydad! You have so many products on show I wouldn't know where to start!
I've only just started using a snowfoam - an Autobrite lance with a free 500ml foam tester but I've since bought some Krystal Kleen tutti frutti and look forward to using it soon... Plus some Black to the Future...and some Gtechniq C5.... AND some Dragon's Breath!
Quick question...foam and rinse/wash *before* wheel detailing or after? :?
Cheers. 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

AndyRen wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm Wow! Great result Grumpydad! You have so many products on show I wouldn't know where to start!
I've only just started using a snowfoam - an Autobrite lance with a free 500ml foam tester but I've since bought some Krystal Kleen tutti frutti and look forward to using it soon... Plus some Black to the Future...and some Gtechniq C5.... AND some Dragon's Breath!
Quick question...foam and rinse/wash *before* wheel detailing or after? :?
Cheers. 8-)
I always do the wheels and tyres first, then when you foam and wash it gives the wheels another gentle clean.

Mike 🙂
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

👍
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
steve67

Post by steve67 »

If it's dry tomorrow or Monday I have a vw t5 to do.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
steve67

Post by steve67 »

gave my mate van a quick going over...it was quick..lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hWCOMfLtUToEuDv83

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qiptN9Ajih7apzAy2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VcnXd7Wk4VAZNGqG2
not the best pictures, but can just make out the 50/50 on the rear doors.

was very flat and pitted no shine at all, but managed to work some magic...

just the cx3 to do next weekend...
how did you get on with the quartz ? i haven't go a garage so reluctant to leave outside over night in case it rains etc..
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020