Gt Sport is home.

Post pictures of your CX3 here
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

MJC1216 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 05, 2018 4:12 pm
Grumpydad wrote: โ†‘Sat May 05, 2018 12:57 pm I'll be making some plates at work next week as I don't like the Mazda advertising and they will be getting stuck on. I like a nice simple style with no bolt holes. You sound as mad as me ๐Ÿ˜„. The rear plate is sitting too high up in the recess, so it's replacement will be in a lower position to.
Funny thing today, went out for a drive this morning, stopped at the end of my road, the car that drove past was an 18 plate gt sport in the same colour as mine ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. What are the chances of that as I live in a fairly small town and only seen three cx-3 in the town in last 2 weeks, and Two are GT's. The other a white one, is rarer ๐Ÿ˜„
The problem you have with lowering the rear plate(i changed mine to a private number and removed all the advertising) is that there are small indentations that show if you lower the number plate.
So with my OCD it was either these show or the plate has to be a bit higher than i would have liked.
You will see what i mean when you remove the rear plate.

Mark
Hi Mark, I see what you mean as I took the plates off today. For the minute I've just stuck some non advertising plates on the car. I think I'll do a trial run when I'm back at work with a larger acrylic, and if it looks okay I'll put that on the back.

Mike

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

I get samples from company's to try out which is great for me and the customer, as if I don't rate it, I won't recommend it. Valet Pro do loads of cleaning products at very reasonable prices partly because they use simple basic packaging to cut down on costs.
In a few weeks I'll be using a permanent trim restorer, but as I was bored today I thought I'd try out some ValetPro black to the future. It's in gel form, didn't need to use much and it goes a long way. Applied it with a sponge, left for 5 minutes to soak in, then buffed off with a microfibre cloth. The picture shows the front wheel arch trim half done. Considering we only picked up the car yesterday, the difference is very noticeable. I think for the money it's great value as it's only a tenner for a 250ml tub.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Only noticed today that the grille slats are painted a nice metallic to set them off which is a nice touch. My Fiesta St looks tiny next to the Cx-3 though. ๐Ÿ™

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Grumpydad......sorry couldn't help noticing your rear plate has been fitted on the p**s :lol: only kidding of course. Yes re the spelling the panel as you said :roll:
Thought I recognised the motorbitz carpark. :D
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

Nice, very nice indeed. Enjoy :)
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Really like the gloss black rear corner spoiler extensions.

image.jpeg

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Trying out a different shape rear plate as the original looks lost as way too small, and removed the black borders front and back.
Opinions?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Prefer the original with black borders.

I have them on both my cars and to me they look better.

The rear plate makes it look like a taxi(Most taxis round my way have a rear square number plate and a square taxi plate) :D
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Yes, still not convinced on the back one myself.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

image.jpeg

Swapped the standard interior lamps over to led ones this evening. The lamp number is generally a 269 and 31mm in length. I fitted the Ring ones and they fit nicely with nice white light compared to the standard yellow look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg