Gt Sport is home.

Post pictures of your CX3 here
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

So my wife and daughter picked up her new car today, so I thought I'd start a journal and keep everything in one place. So all updates, cleaning regimes, extras, alterations etc will all be under this thread from now on.

The service from start to finish has been excellent from Mazda Christchurch. No pushy sales tactics, no trying to add on there gap insurance or paint protection rip off products. Matched the best carwow price I had got and improved on it slightly by adding in a free armrest. A bouquet of flowers were also presented to my wife upon collection. Car had 4 miles on the clock.

I added the following accessories which were supplied and fitted before collection, boot mat, front door sill protectors and front bumper lip cover.
I'm really glad I ordered the bumper lip cover as it fits in nicely with the corner splitters that the gt sport comes with, all the same finish and breaks up the all black look.
I'm a very keen detailer and the paint looks very good, but on closer inspection there are quite a few light swirl marks in the paint which I was expecting so in the coming weeks these will be removed and the car will look even better.

So the model we went for is a GT Sport automatic in ceramic metallic. This model is limited to only 500 so hopefully a rarer sight on the roads. This model comes with the upgraded Napa leather interior including door inserts, electric drivers seat, special colour wheels for this model and the styling body kit which consists of side skirts, front bumper corner splitters, rear lip above exhausts and extended rear boot lid spoiler.

Future modifications are just things like changing all the interior lights for brighter white led ones and maybe fitting the alloy pedals. As it's going to be the family car that my wife will be using 99% of the time my main roll will just be keeping it looking pristine.

Mike πŸ˜€

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by Grumpydad on Fri May 04, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Looks lovely πŸ‘

Will keep my eyes peeled for you on the road :D
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Get the alloy pedals, Grumpydad. Sets the inside off nicely. Ive been giving consideration to the led light set. I assume the 4 light set is the 2 map lights the centre and boot lights. The 6 set is the same plus the 2 footwell lights which will need an additional kit. The front silver sploiler looks good on the ceramic. Opinions please on whether It will improve my grey GT Sport. Im not so sure as the grey centre of the bumper ties in with the rest of the car
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

The light set is just led lamps. I sell these at work, so I'll be fitting Osram ones. No need to pay Mazda prices.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Looks really good, my neighbour works at Magna Christchurch on the front desk, he will be pleased regards your experience there.
There is one thing I noticed on some of the Masda 2 and CX3's he brought home the front number plate screws were towards the top of the plate and not central so I made sure mine were central as yours are, to anal people like you and me off centre would be annoying. The salesman was very polite about it he said you have a eye for detail, no I am just a fussy old git :lol:
There is one thing about the front plate that annoys me there is a gap in the centre between it and the holder because of the curve in the plate grrrrrr :roll:
Hope your wife enjoys her new car .

Dave
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

I'll be making some plates at work next week as I don't like the Mazda advertising and they will be getting stuck on. I like a nice simple style with no bolt holes. You sound as mad as me πŸ˜„. The rear plate is sitting too high up in the recess, so it's replacement will be in a lower position to.
Funny thing today, went out for a drive this morning, stopped at the end of my road, the car that drove past was an 18 plate gt sport in the same colour as mine 😱. What are the chances of that as I live in a fairly small town and only seen three cx-3 in the town in last 2 weeks, and Two are GT's. The other a white one, is rarer πŸ˜„
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Grumpydad wrote: ↑Sat May 05, 2018 12:57 pm I'll be making some plates at work next week as I don't like the Mazda advertising and they will be getting stuck on. I like a nice simple style with no bolt holes. You sound as mad as me πŸ˜„. The rear plate is sitting too high up in the recess, so it's replacement will be in a lower position to.
Funny thing today, went out for a drive this morning, stopped at the end of my road, the car that drove past was an 18 plate gt sport in the same colour as mine 😱. What are the chances of that as I live in a fairly small town and only seen three cx-3 in the town in last 2 weeks, and Two are GT's. The other a white one, is rarer πŸ˜„
I had a nice pair of 3D plates on my previous car, I also don't like the advertising plates, asked the dealer how much they would pay me for driving round advertising their buisness :lol: that was Pentons!!!!
I am also going to change the plates on the Mazda now the weather is warmer, not sure if the front will stay put though with just sticky pads due to the curve of the plate.
For my previous car I brought a full size sticky pad on line that covered the entire plate rather than use the strips.
Is that Motorbitz Boscombe in your picture. One thing that surprised me about the rear panel where the number plate is that its none metallic, as I discovered when my magnetic GB plate failed to stick prior to seing how it looked for a forthcoming French trip :roll:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Grumpydad wrote: ↑Sat May 05, 2018 12:57 pm I'll be making some plates at work next week as I don't like the Mazda advertising and they will be getting stuck on. I like a nice simple style with no bolt holes. You sound as mad as me πŸ˜„. The rear plate is sitting too high up in the recess, so it's replacement will be in a lower position to.
The problem you have with lowering the rear plate(i changed mine to a private number and removed all the advertising) is that there are small indentations that show if you lower the number plate.
So with my OCD it was either these show or the plate has to be a bit higher than i would have liked.
You will see what i mean when you remove the rear plate.

Mark
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Looking good Mike 8-) you say you've only seen 3 CX-3's in the past 2 weeks, well I've only ever seen one other on the road since buying the car 3-4 ago!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

DaveG wrote: ↑Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 pm
I had a nice pair of 3D plates on my previous car, I also don't like the advertising plates, asked the dealer how much they would pay me for driving round advertising their buisness :lol: that was Pentons!!!!
I am also going to change the plates on the Mazda now the weather is warmer, not sure if the front will stay put though with just sticky pads due to the curve of the plate.
For my previous car I brought a full size sticky pad on line that covered the entire plate rather than use the strips.
Is that Motorbitz Boscombe in your picture. One thing that surprised me about the rear panel where the number plate is that its none metallic, as I discovered when my magnetic GB plate failed to stick prior to seing how it looked for a forthcoming French trip :roll:
Yes it's Motabitz Boscombe, I'm the manager there. I take it you mean none metal as in plastic, not none metallic πŸ™‚