Gt Sport gets its first detail

Post pictures of your CX3 here
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

So today's job was to go all out on the wife's new Mazda. It's only 3 weeks old but I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to having a flawless finish and the Mazda had a few swirl marks in the paint from new. Most people wouldn't of noticed πŸ™‚
The plan was to just wash the car and use the da polisher to remove the swirls and then apply the ceramic coating.
Well it turned into a full on mission. I decided I wouldn't just polish the paint so it looked good, I went into obsessed mode and went cutting paste, fine paste and then ultra fine paste and it was worth it. Now the paint in flawless the metallic silver really glistens in the sunshine.
After all the polishing I applied the ceramic coating, still a Carpro product but a bit different to previous ones I've used in that it didn't need a sealant applied after an hour and this one lasts for up to 36 months.

My order of jobs,

1, Snow foam using Adams wash and wax then rinse, car wasn't really dirty but had a lot of pollen on the paint which would cause scratches if I'd just of wash with a mitt. After rinsing the paint was nice and clean.
2, Normally I do the wheels first but as I was going to be playing with the paint, it didn't matter if any dirt sprayed off the wheels while rinsing.
3,Dried the car and then with the da polisher and a soft polishing pad using Zaino Polish started on the paint. The results were good, but I really wanted to see if I could make the finish REALLY stand out. Out came the bad boys, the 3m range of cutting and polishing pastes. Im so glad I did this as the metallic flec in the paint really pops in the sun now.
4, Carpro eraser wiped over panels to remove excess oils on the paint surface then the ceramic coating applied. Tried a new coating this time which doesn't need a sealant applied after an hour and should last for up to 36 months.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

image.jpeg

Went a bit mad on the polishes 😱

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Love how at different angles the colour really sparkles in the sun, but in the shade it looks like a solid colour. That's it for a main detail. With the ceramic coating applied, from now on it will just need a usual wash and dry and plastics dressed, wheels cleaned etc so shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Very nice but I bet the inside is like a mobile dustbin... :D
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Fantastic finish! And I agree with your statement re diamond cut wheels (that the Sport Nav has) I promised myself not to have diamond cuts again after the Golf Gtd... But we sort of fell in love with the CX-3 and I'm gonna try harder with the wheels... Until they get curbed!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

MJC1216 wrote: ↑Tue May 22, 2018 7:48 pm Very nice but I bet the inside is like a mobile dustbin... :D
It's pretty tidy to be honest as the wife drives it. If it was mine it would be spotless though 😎
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

AndyRen wrote: ↑Tue May 22, 2018 8:04 pm Fantastic finish! And I agree with your statement re diamond cut wheels (that the Sport Nav has) I promised myself not to have diamond cuts again after the Golf Gtd... But we sort of fell in love with the CX-3 and I'm gonna try harder with the wheels... Until they get curbed!
I had factory fitted 19" diamond cut alloys on my old BMW M3 and after one Winter the lacquer started lifting and go milky. It was so annoying that I actually changed the alloys πŸ˜…
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Dunno if youve noticed, but the inside of the of the plastic trim running along the bottom of the doors and next to the wheel arch area is a pig for attracting road silt and murder to shift except by pressure washer... so a job for the weekend, methinks
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

ptirving wrote: ↑Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 pm Dunno if youve noticed, but the inside of the of the plastic trim running along the bottom of the doors and next to the wheel arch area is a pig for attracting road silt and murder to shift except by pressure washer... so a job for the weekend, methinks
And a future area for rust to get a hold????
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

One hopes the paint application processes these days are sufficiently robust......... somewhat improved from BL daysπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey