i-stop not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Mehrzad wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:23 pm I have my car one month and I-stop worked fine a few times and suddenly stopped working and screen shows it is on😂. I turned off AUTO STOP and deactivated MRCC but it doesn’t wort when I stop and push brake! Does anyone Know what should I do?
Turn everything back to default. Drive as you normally do. Listen to some nice relaxing music when you are driving or stopped. Eventually, when it feels like it i-stop will start working. It does what it wants to when it wants to, you cannot change it's mind, so chill out and enjoy driving the best small SUV on the market. :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

RPSeymour

Post by RPSeymour »

Hi everyone. I am Sasha from Serbia.
This is my first post on forum, and I am sorry to jump in like this, but I was looking for something else and find this i-stop issue subject.
Mazda i-stop system wont turn on, if your car engine is achieved working temperature, in case that your seat belt is not fasten for example!
Also, it wont turn on if your fan regulator is pointed on windscreen (windshield defrost symbol)...
I have a 2016 Mazda 3 1.5 diesel, but it should be the same i-stop system.
Simple test: when your car achieves working temperature ( blue water symbol at dashboard turns off) - turn of fan and ac completely. If everything is ok, you should have your i-stop system working-car should turn off...
[/quote]

Hi Sasha
Your post should be at the top.
I always had the fan regulator pointed to the windscreen in my MX5 so just instinctivly did it in my new CX-3
After reading your post and moving it to the next one which is the same symbol but with the flow to the vents also and the istop has worked ever since.
Such a simple solution. Thank you for pointing it out.
2019, Sport tech, 2.0 Skyactiv-G, Petrol, FWD, Manual in SOUL RED