CX3 Fuel pump recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

So-no smoking!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Had ours done yesterday, only took about an hour.
Could smell petrol for a while that day, but not now.
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Yes-mine done a week or so back-petrol smell for 24 hrs -otherwise fine
ghcx3

Post by ghcx3 »

Quick history if it helps. Car failed to start last week, called RAC to assist. They were late so I tried and it started first time. Went for short drive, turn engine off and restarted. Turned engine off again. Cancelled RAC. Went to set off a little later and fired up but engine very weak and wouldn't move car. Turned Engine off again. Called RAC. They turned up and car started again. Checks by RAC showed no faults and nothing wrong with fuel pump pressure. Drove home but car felt a little weak. Booked car with Mazda for fuel pump recall as now have history of fault. Drove to dealer today , engine still felt a little weak and felt mini stall at one time. Fuel Pump replaced for free under recall - took just about the hour promised. Engine feels a lot stronger now.
In my case I was told certain vehicles require fuel tank to be no more than half full but that didn't apply to my CX3.
all the best.
CX3 GT Sport Metallic grey 2018 model
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Well done getting it fixed. Hope it does the trick!
Koumo

Post by Koumo »

Had my CX3 in for the pump replacement on Friday. I wasn't having any issues but the MOT was due anyway so I got it done at the same time.

This morning driving to work my fuel gauge dropped from between 1/2 & 1/4 to the reserve light coming on in under 10 minutes. Pulled into a petrol station, checked for leaks and tried filling up the tank but it only took about £25. Drove another 15 minutes, car's running fine but the fuel gauge now shows empty all the time.

So now I'm driving around with no idea how much is in my tank until they can get me booked in.
tiboreb

Post by tiboreb »

With my car 1 year old I had a fuel pump failure. It was a brocken wire on the rotor, and when it stopped at that plate, it would not start. Twice they trailed my car to the service. Once after shaking the car it started. Very unpleasant. After replacement it worked fine for years now :-)
tiboreb

Post by tiboreb »

Hi, I have had cranck-no start issues in the first year of ownership of a 2017 CX-3, with a low pressure fuel pump change under warranty. Now after 6 years it happened again - intermitent low speed stall and cranck-no start. With car shaking and fist banging over the rear seat midle it started again. With hi rews I managed to get home. At visual inspection the baterry bores looked a bit oxidated, so I polished them. On the positive bore there was some black stuff, wich I grind away with a mini rotary wirebrush. Both cables were disconnected so the system partially reset itself. Surprisingly I-stop system activated itself after 10 km (more 100 km earlyer) and no issuse since. :-)
PerKato

Post by PerKato »

How did it go?
kspies007

Post by kspies007 »

I just had my CX3's fuel pump replaced per the recall and now I have a check engine light on and the code says both large and small evaporative leaks. I'm assuming it's related to the recall but thought I'd reach out to get thoughts and see if any others have experienced this? Thanks!

P0455(00) [0x045500]
Evaporative emission (EVAP) system - large leak detected
Status: Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle, Warning indicator requested