DPF warning flashing

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Greenman wrote:i don't understand why anyone doing less than c12k miles pa would even consider a diesel?
Because you can only have AWD auto CX-3 and CX-5 in diesel. I would have loved the 2.5 petrol which is standard in the rest of the world.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

anchorman wrote:
Greenman wrote:i don't understand why anyone doing less than c12k miles pa would even consider a diesel?
Because you can only have AWD auto CX-3 and CX-5 in diesel. I would have loved the 2.5 petrol which is standard in the rest of the world.

Argh - I didn't know that.

Thanks
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I've never noticed the car regenerating. When I bought the car I was doing regular motorway driving. Now my journeys are short town trips. The DPF warning light has started flashing and the engine warning light has come on. Can I force it off?
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

IWRA wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:10 pm . . .They say it was a faulty sensor. They haven't fixed it only reset it. They want it back for further investigation. To be continued. . .

So what happened when you took it back for further investigation after the last time the warning light came on?

"If the vehicle is continually driven as usual with the diesel particulate filter indicator light illuminated, PM increases and the indicator light may start flashing. If the diesel particulate filter indicator light starts flashing, have the vehicle inspected immediately at an expert repairer, we recommend an Authorised Mazda Repairer. If the vehicle is not inspected and continues to be driven, the engine may malfunction. When the diesel particulate filter indicator light flashes, the engine output is restricted to protect the diesel particulate filter."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

They reset it!
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I took the car in again today, by the time I got there I had 6 warnings and the car had lost power. The warnings were DPF error, engine warning, TCS/DCS, tyre pressures, DPF accumulation and SBS. All bar the DPF and engine dissappeared on restart. The garage rang later to say that there appeared to be an issue with injectors and they would have to order parts. I'll no doubt find out more when I get the car back next week.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I rang the garage today to be told that new injectors are on order from Mazda and I'm likely to have to keep the Mazda 2 loan car for at least a week whilst they carry out repairs under warranty. I'm told they have experience of similar problems but are rare. Has anyone else had similar problems with the diesel engine? The car has been in the garage a number of times in the last 2 years for faults and recalls.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I picked up the car today after it being with the garage for 2 weeks. They reset all alarms, replaced the injectors, oil filter and did an oil change, all under warranty, but were unable to advise why it was all necessary!
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

A warning to anyone using supermarket diesel.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
thepiedpiper

Post by thepiedpiper »

Sorry to bring up this thread again but i have just bought a CX3 2015 1.5 diesel and the dealer I bought the car from changed the oil for me once i purchased the car. The car was imported from Japan. Soon after driving it for a couple of days the dpf warning came on. I had my mechanic turn it off but it came back on two days later. I think I can hear the car doing a regen but would like to be able to manually regen it myself but dont know how. Is there a way of doing this and then resetting the light as well.

I am based in North Cyprus and we dont have a mazda dealer here so I am stuck a bit.

I have seen on youtube a way of placing a wire in a certain section of the fusebox and then to earth but my fusebox does not have this section. Any help would be appreciated.