Rear Washer Jets

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi All
Strange rear washer jet system on the CX-3 , they run the water down the rear screen in two "V" formations with very little pressure rather than a jet spray which I am used to. I thought that they were faulty on my car but when I checked out the Dealers demonstrator it was the same.
Not that they don't do the job, but just a different way. ;)
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Bill wrote:Hi All
Strange rear washer jet system on the CX-3 , they run the water down the rear screen in two "V" formations with very little pressure rather than a jet spray which I am used to. I thought that they were faulty on my car but when I checked out the Dealers demonstrator it was the same.
Not that they don't do the job, but just a different way. ;)
Bill
Like a Charlie Dimmock water feature? :D
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

I have used my REAR wiper successfully many times in the past 10 months from purchasing new, but have only tried the REAR washer for the first time today 13/12/2017 and nothing has happened. I have the engine on tick over, the front jets work fine, the rear jet(s) nothing, not even that whine from a little motor like you get from the front washer motor. The washer bottle is full, there is no water on the ground or in car when using the rear, no sound when holding “wash on” the rear wash lever. My thoughts are: Burnt out motor(unlikely as never used), wire not connected, fuse blown(unlikely as I bet the front washer would use the same fuse?)
Has anyone experienced this issue? Anyone any ideas? I’m due for my first annual in Feb, but the rear is getting filthy now winter is here.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I believe there's only one washer pump motor on the washer bottle behind the front bumper that serves both windscreen and tailgate. I think the motor polarity is switched to pump water down either one of the two pipes connected to the pump.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

If it is just the 1 motor that feeds both ends, it would appear that a) a wire is not connected for rear, b) a faulty motor, or c) the steering control arm could be faulty at the REAR “twist turn” as all’s well with the motor when called into action for the front screen. One for the dealer to sort I think. Just hope they don’t charge me for diagnosing the fault as most dealers seem too these days before solving the issue under warranty.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

The rear jets are a long way from the pump, so it can take a few seconds before any air in the tubes is displaced by the washer fluid.
The tailgate quickly gets dirty in wet weather, so I use the rear washers regularly and have never had any problems.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.