OS versions

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

anchorman wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:07 pm This is my version... snip
And if you are happy with the occasional freeze or restart and the forever-time to scan your USB for media, then there is no need for you to upgrade.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.

Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Updated this morning. Took 45 minutes or so, same comments as above - quicker start up, DAB text restored and USB naming correct. One odd thing - it stopped the 'walk away locking' from working until I'd gone into settings, switched it off and switched it on again. No other changes I can see.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:26 am
anchorman wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:07 pm This is my version... snip
And if you are happy with the occasional freeze or restart and the forever-time to scan your USB for media, then there is no need for you to upgrade.
I'd rather have the latest version but the dealer just installed this about a month ago and that was to cure the occasional crash. Did you install it yourself? BTW, it hasn't crashed since but it didn't do it frequently and I only stream music off my phone.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

anchorman wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:05 am Did you install it yourself? BTW, it hasn't crashed since but it didn't do it frequently and I only stream music off my phone.
Yes, I'm an OS install junkie; this was the third. Just follow the instructions Mazda provides to their mechanics; anyone can do it.

I only stream off my phone too but with past OSes sometimes it failed to auto start. Hoping for better things with this. There are reports of quite a lot of code having been re-written and there are references to Android scattered throughout. Hopefully Android auto integration isn't far off.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
santa

Post by santa »

Mine was updated to 56.00.513 in march, but it has started to reboot more frequently and the rearcamera sometimes takes longer to appear.
So I swung by my dealer and they have the 59 (something), so it'll be updated again next week.
Hopefully this solves the reboots.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
David73

Post by David73 »

David73 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm Hi,

Id be interested to know if anyone running OS version 56.00.513 EU N has had any problems with the system rebooting intermittently?
I can't say how often but seems to be a couple of times a week or more, whether playing USB source or DAB radio, the system restarts and then resumes where it left off.

Our CX 5 has run 51.00513 for the past 12 months and I've not noticed any restarts using this version
It seems that only a few were seeing the random restarts that I had with v56.00.513. I also tried the change Gadgetman suggested to disable contact updates but for me this didn't stop the restarts.

I upgraded to 59.00.449 and pleased to report this is much more stable, not had a single problem since.
CX-3 Sport Nav Manual Deep Crystal Blue
CX-5 SEL Nav Manual White