OS versions

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Got my CX3 Sportnav yesterday. How do I check what the latest OS version is?

Mine is on 56.00.513 EU N

Thanks!

Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

I seem to remember version 59 is around in the US market; I've not seen it mentioned for Europe yet. But I believe the two tend to follow each other fairly closely. The US version is available online.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Thanks for that. Having a few issues with USB playback, so was wondering if maybe I was a version or so behind what is current.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

What issue are you having?
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Gadgetman wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:29 am ....a few issues with USB playback
If you have a large USB memory with many tracks organized in deep folders, it can take the system an age to index everything. Some suggest just having all your mp3s at the top level on your USB. I haven't tried it.

I find playing music from Google Play Music, from my phone, works for me very well. The down side means being net-connected and paying for it.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

I'd copied across folders from my iTunes library (iMac) to a 32gb USB stick. Folder structure was music/artist/album.

Every time the system started it was reverting back to the first album and song alphabetically. Some albums would come up on the screen but would flick from track to track and then not play. Others played fine. The albums were a mix of aac, MP3 etc.

I've now reformatted the USB (fat32) and tried ripping some albums completely fresh as MP3 using a Windows machine. With 10 albums copied across, including some that wouldn't play before, the USB now seems to be working ok. I'll keep going loading it up and be a bit more selective about what I put on it. Hopefully the Windows/MP3 arrangement has sorted the issue.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

It is a little too fussy regarding audio formats, the skipping of tracks means it's not happy with the encoding.

It also doesn't like a lot of individual albums as separate folders as the access time is ridiculously long.
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

All seems to be working fine now. I ditched the top level 'music' folder, so everything now sits just within individual artist folders. All ripped to MP3 using Windows media player. Album art intact, and it now plays from where it left off rather than going back to the first song alphabetically every restart.

Thanks for the info.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Gadgetman wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 pm Got my CX3 Sportnav yesterday. How do I check what the latest OS version is?

Mine is on 56.00.513 EU N

Thanks!
I can confirm that you have the latest version.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Seems there was actually a new version released a week or so ago, EU 59.00.443. No idea what has been changed, and I'll probably keep an eye out to see if any issues are reported before upgrading.