Gracenote update

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I was looking at the update files today and noticed a striking difference between the EU and US size wise :shock:

US - 429mb
EU - 284mb

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

That's probably the Texas US version :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

I'd check what you are downloading and from where! I was offered EU 284, US 264 Mb
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Deleted User 406

Your missing the point.

They should both be the same size. Gracenote is Gracenote, you don't have stripped down versions for different country's.

I won't be using either of them anyway as I disabled it in my car as it was a pain and unnecessary.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

rockposer wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 am Your[sic]] missing the point.
D'ya think?

Have you considered it's a database with words? US spelling has consistently shorter word versions than their UK counterpart.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Deleted User 406

I use Gracenote in other applications for my music related stuff so I do know a fair bit about it.

There is one Gracenote database that is accessed by pro media software. It's still an unnecessary 'addition' to Mazda's infotainment, one their 'technical' department don't understand.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

". . .Local Music for Local Markets

The real magic behind Gracenote MusicID is a music database that ships with cars sold around the globe. Each database is curated with music information for the most popular artists and tracks for that region. Today, MusicID ships in millions of cars globally. . ."

(http://www.gracenote.com/auto/music-recognition-auto/)

That would probably explain the filesize difference.
The Gracenote voice recognition phonetic database works well, e.g. - "Play songs by [artist]", but I don't have a huge music collection like you RPR ;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Gus

Post by Gus »

I really haven't explored the voice control, I have got as far as some of the phone commands but that is really as much as I have used it, I must dig out the manual and work out what it can really do.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Deleted User 406

As I've said before it is pointless only updating Gracenote twice a year. no logic to it!

As for the voice commands, tried them a couple of times and wasn't impressed
Deleted User 406

I see they still haven't made a Gracenote update available, still September 2016.

I have asked Mazda UK about the fact they say it's updated every six months, but so far (2 days) they've been clueless