Armrest (Again!)

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Hi Anchorman,
I have taken the plunge and ordered the armrest but was just wondering, in your excellent set of instructions I couldn't see the little "Sport" button in the gearstick shroud. Mine, being an auto, has this so does that complicate things when I remove the shroud?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

Gus

Post by Gus »

Putting it simply no :D it affects the infotainment buttons more than the sport switch, but you soon get used to it.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Could add a pipe and slippers too!! Lol 😁
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

I wasn't meaning using the sport switch after installation, I meant what is involved when removing the gearstick shroud during installation. Do I have to disconnect the sport switch?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

goldhillman wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:10 pm I wasn't meaning using the sport switch after installation, I meant what is involved when removing the gearstick shroud during installation. Do I have to disconnect the sport switch?
Haha, no, I found your pm and no it doesn't. Just pull the plug off that switch. Don't switch the ignition on while things are unplugged.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD