Bonnet

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deano

Post by Deano »

Hi

Has anyone else found it difficult to shut the bonnet to get it to lock on the catch. I don't really want to slam it or press the panel in too much! It's a new car so was thinking of taking it back for the garage to look.

Deano
2017 CX-3 GT Sport, manual, Meteor Grey Mica :)

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The correct way to close the bonnet is to drop it from a reasonable height. If you check the Owner's Manual page 498, section 6-20, you'll see the instructions about closing the bonnet :-

"Lower the bonnet slowly to a height of about 20 cm (7.9 in) above its closed position and then let it drop."

There then is a Caution message saying :-

"When closing the bonnet, do not push it excessively such as by applying your weight. Otherwise, the bonnet could be
deformed."

Years ago I used to close the bonnet by gently lowering onto the catch and then pressing down. But for decades now all my car's manuals have stated closing the same way as per Mazda instructions above. Probably got something to do with the thinner bonnets nowadays. Doing it the drop way the bonnet always closes fine.

So if I were you I'd try it the recommended way and only if that fails to secure the bonnet properly would I call in to see a dealer.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Deano

Post by Deano »

Thanks for the reply. Think I should read the owners manual a bit more 😉
Just don't like the idea of dropping it from height bit different from a Ford.
Will give it a try next time I check the screen wash.

Deano
2017 CX-3 GT Sport, manual, Meteor Grey Mica :)