Broken Windscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

Luck is not with us at the moment ..... the AirCon Condenser is now fixed and could drive the car in comfort again .... now the windscreen is broken.

Obviously it can be sorted under insurance but we were wondering if anyone has any experience having one replaced and what to look out for.

Does having it changed by the insurance void any of the remaining Mazda warrantee?

Any advice much appreciated.

IMG_0989.JPG

CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red

Nordkapp

Post by Nordkapp »

On my Volvo S40 it has rain sensing wipers, the recommended car glass company by my insurer did not re-assure me that this feature would remain intact or functioning properly. Therefore I asked my Volvo dealer for a quote which was twice the price but included a replacement rain sensing wiper sensor! I pleaded a case for payment with my insurer and duly received a cheque to cover that amount and got the job done at the Volvo dealer with no after problems.
I recommend you do the same if a rain sensing sensor is fitted.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

That's bad luck :cry:

I've not had to have a windscreen replaced yet, but I think you should be OK with your insurer's approved repairer, providing the fitter is not ham-fisted when it comes to removing/reinstalling the rear view mirror. You may have to wait if they don't have stock of the glass in the UK.

The alignment of the Forward Sensing Camera (FSC) in the housing behind the glass is critical to the correct operation of the various iACTIVSENSE features that it supports. You may have to get that checked/adjusted at a Mazda authorised repairer. There's an alignment procedure for the Mazda technician to follow, but I don't have that to hand.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

We checked with our Mazda dealer this morning and there is no issue with the warranty.

Our insurer uses Autoglass who were very helpful and are in the process of sourcing a screen (no timescales mentioned). They immediately said that it will have to be fitted at a centre which can check the FSC and recalibrate if required. Only problem is the nearest one with the correct equipment is 42 miles away.

We have the auto-dimming mirror (with the compass) so lets hope that doesn't cause any problems, they better not break it as it wasn't cheap.

Lets hope it doesn't all prove too difficult to get sorted. Will keep updated as we progress.
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

Autoglass will have the replacement screen next Monday and it's being fitted Tuesday. Watch this space ........
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

We are happy to report that the screen replacement went without a hitch and it took around two hours including the drying time and FSC calibration.

The fitter did comment that generally Mazda's are very good to work on and replacing the screen is pretty easy, "well engineered" he said.

The replacement screen is a genuine Mazda one so that took around a week from us phoning Autoglass to it arriving at the fitting centre.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Thanks for the update. Pleased to read it's all sorted.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Daimaxboyce

Post by Daimaxboyce »

Had a chip in my screen after putting the heater on and dealer wouldn't do anything they rock on hit has an impact spot on it , only 1800 miles on the clock and6 weeks old.
Done mine through Autoglass but they had to order a new windscreen direct from Mazda .
Problem with the CX-3 windscreen is that all the lane sensor alignment needs to be Recalibrated when the screen is changed , this can only be done at selected Autoglass centres or the main dealer .
The main dealer will charge you around £250 for the system to be recalibrated . Your Fully Comp insurance has Screen cover with an XS of around £75 this includes recalibration if completed via the registered Windscreen repair centre like Autoglass .
Had mine done in Bristol near to the Cribbs Causeway shopping centre and took about 2 hours 15 minutes in total .
From what I have read I gather the screens are quite thin on the CX-3 and CX-5 models .
Mazda CX-3 Sport 2.0 Ltr Petrol - Manual -
Dynamic Blue Mica colour - March 2017

Mazda CX-3 Sport 2.0Ltr Petrol Manual
Dark Blue colour - December 2018