Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Sportsman

Post by Sportsman »

Same problem now waiting for part since June 22nd. Been told it will be here 1st week in August. I thought this issue had just arose but now undetstand this became an issue back in mid 2016.
My car is a Sept plate 2015 Cx3.
I spoke with Mazda Customer service who have Promised me my patt will be fitted by 27th July. If not they will supply me with another car until my part arrives. If all this doesn't now happen watch this space.
Sport Nav 2018, Petrol, Mica Blue, Manual, 2-wd

Philmac

Post by Philmac »

My ac failed in April 17 due to condenser leak, they fitted a new one which lasted 24 hrs. They gave me a hire car and have been waiting on the new condenser for 6 weeks now. I belive they have sorted the issue with a modified part from alternative suppliers. I know someone who works at a Mazda distributor in south London, they apparantly have 120 on back order to date, and growing daily. I am Not happy about the whole process. Then you have the potential same problem with the evaporator, and the additional issue with the climate control module. Agree with Sportsman don't sea freight them just air freight them. The customer is king right!!!!! This is my company car, 2 guys at work were also going to get CX3''s but have gone for alternative cars due to my problems. This must be costing Mazda a fortune in lost sales, together with hire cars. Come on Mazda up your game.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
SFC17

Post by SFC17 »

Cheers Guys for your updates to our problem. Well its now reached seven weeks and still no confirmation from my dealership as to when the expected part an Evaporator will be delivered, in the meantime Mazda have sent me an apologetic letter and a £100 voucher this week as a sweetener but what can you do. Certainly people I have spoken too have been put off by Mazda and no amount of slick tv advertising will make them change their mind. Its very frustrating!!!!!!
Bought 2016 CX-3 2.0 120ps 2WD Sport Petrol Transmission Auto
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I'm seriously hoping I don't get an issue with the aircon as I'm not impressed with Mazda's support on this.
Nordkapp

Post by Nordkapp »

What are the ages of your CX3 with these problems? I am hoping none are the 2017 model?

I too have a CX 3 speced out but this issue is putting me off. I don't want my new car off the road nor do i want a dealership pulling it apart to fit new parts.
SFC17

Post by SFC17 »

Hi Nordkapp, I purchased mine in April 2016. I make comment at home each time the current Mazda advert comes on tv showing 0% per cent finance and I say NO Air Conditioning Too!!!!!!
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Nordkapp wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:45 am What are the ages of your CX3 with these problems? I am hoping none are the 2017 model?

I too have a CX 3 speced out but this issue is putting me off. I don't want my new car off the road nor do i want a dealership pulling it apart to fit new parts.

The current air conditioning problems are not affecting new models. Have a read of the thread here: AirCon Issues.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
SFC17

Post by SFC17 »

Good News, No Great News, Finally a phone call from my dealer this morning, the Evaporator has finally arrived, however fitting can't be done for three weeks as they are all booked. Fingers crossed my issue will be solved
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

News from my conact at a south London dealer. New Condenser's due in next week!!!!!!! this was also confirmed by my Mazda garage.
Hopefully fixed same week a week after. Mazda will want to stop paying for the hire car😀 this has been 2 months. Although it's my own fault, I broke my golden rule......never buy the first edition of anew model. I will keep you all posted.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Well, here I am AGAIN! :roll: Never thought I would be reposting here - I'm the 'original poster' but yesterday while stuck in a jam on the M25 the goddam air con failed AGAIN!! Noooooooo! I can't get it in the garage for two weeks (it will be looked at while they do the 'Safety Recall' I just got!) and after the diagnosis there will be a wait for parts.

I can't believe I'll be without air con for part of the summer AGAIN!. I couldn't get it fixed until September last year after a sweltering time through last summer, now this! We've sometimes taken the car abroad but this year decided not to, thank God - I can't imagine being in 35 degree heat in a car with no air con. I'm beginning to feel I can't trust the aircon at any time now - I've hardly used it since the last part was fixed so the 'parts' have not been heavily used by any stretch.

I'm beginning to think there is a fundamental parts failure somewhere in the air con system - so please be aware all ye who have had an aircon problem, chances are it will fail - AGAIN!!!

Grrrr! :evil: