Control panel switches lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Can someone confirm how theirs work. The a/c, rear screen heater and recycle lights work fine on mine. However, I'm certain there is a light on the exterior edge of each switch that was on all the time - or at least at night - to help with adjusting the various settings. Noticed today they never light up even when I turn on the headlights.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

On mine, the symbols on the face of the dials and the orange pointers on the edge of the dials, are back lit when the vehicle sidelights are on.

The brightness of the switch illumination works in conjunction with the instrument cluster illumination, and is adjusted by the knob to the right of the speedometer.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Interesting that this also controls the screen and allows you to have daylight screen brightness when you have headlights on (for instance in fog when the screen will decide to dim as in night mode).
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 pm On mine, the symbols on the face of the dials and the orange pointers on the edge of the dials, are back lit when the vehicle sidelights are on.

The brightness of the switch illumination works in conjunction with the instrument cluster illumination, and is adjusted by the knob to the right of the speedometer.
Many thanks for that information. I'm sure the orange pointers on the edge of the dials have shown up in the past. Can't say I've ever noticed the symbols on the face of the dials being backlit. Will try tweaking the illumination knob to see if it makes a difference. Might be a control panel replacement will be required.

Edit: No tweaking of the illumination knob was required - they are working correctly, including the backlit symbols. Showed up fine the other evening. Maybe they need the combination of lights on and darkness inside the car to show up properly. I must have been having a senior moment with the original posting :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016