Smart City Brake Support

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Greenman wrote: ↑Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:46 pm I remember when Top Gear tested it, in the CX5, a few years ago.

It didn't work ...and the car crashed....
Not really. It worked when they approached head on and the only way he could get it to fail was approach it quick at 45 degrees then turn into the target at the last moment. Typical top gear trash.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

dyaygo

Post by dyaygo »

My SCBS light came on and stayed on this morning on my way into work. Do I need to be concerned ?
CX-3 Petrol SE-L Nav - Soul Red
Deano

Post by Deano »

Had my scbs light up amber and stay on a while ago. Maybe a glitch? Hasn't happened since, touch wood 🤔
2017 CX-3 GT Sport, manual, Meteor Grey Mica :)
MH321

Post by MH321 »

Mine came on yesterday and stayed on, said it was SCBS malfunction, however after the car was turned off and started again it has disappeared. Wonder for how long?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

They are particularly sensitive to misted windows which sometimes isn’t that apparent in the bit you look through.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

fwiw...mine kicked in for the fist time since I've had the car... coming off the M6, J7 - a nasty traffic cross-over point and I was looking left and the car infront decided to pull a right in front of me, the SCBS kicked in. At first I thought I'd run over something! It was a bit of a weird experience, but it definitley did the business ...in the dark ...in the rain... no road markings etc!!
Deano

Post by Deano »

Hi
Is it unusual to have condensation in front of the camera in this cold weather? The scbs light is permanently lit amber and I can see moisture behind the windscreen in front of the camera. Looks like the system is confused. Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Deano
2017 CX-3 GT Sport, manual, Meteor Grey Mica :)
Monty

Post by Monty »

Hi,

My CX3 sport nav did the same thing this morning, the scbs warning light is illuminated , screen outside is clean and free of moisture.

However I can see condensation in the camera housing; though the open area of the screen is free from this, so looks like this is restricting the visibility of the camera and hence the warning is being set.

Suspect when these units are fitted and sealed any residual moisture will result in the condensation and restriction of the camera.

Will keep an eye on it and if continues raise to our local Mazda dealer.

-Monty
stew.pan

Post by stew.pan »

Hi all,
Last October some of the warning lights came on at the right hand side, ie abs, tyre pressure, scbs etc, they went out after awhile. They would come on again once or twice (sometimes all, other times only two or three) so i went to the dealers and the chap from the service dept said it is usually down to a dirty windscreen, ice or having condensation on the camera. I talked to a sales rep who i have got to know quite well over the last 6 years or so and he said his Mazda 6 was always doing it but cleared after awhile. I was not convinced, but what do i know? Periodically after last October they would come on and after a while (sometimes a long while) they would go off, not all at once, sometimes one or two at a time. Anyway
they came on a bit too frequently and last week (5 Feb) came on and have stayed on with the tyre pressure warning light sometimes flickering on and off. I went to the dealers and spoke to the service chap again and he said it could be down to bright sunlight having an effect on the camera!!!! Anyway he accepted that they are having problems with the cameras but there is nothing in place to fix them as yet!! (that is what he said) However it is booked in on Friday morning for a diagnostics check to see what can be found. I will keep you informed. Regards S.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

ABS and TPMS warning lights have nothing to do with the Front Sensing Camera on the windscreen.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd