Smart City Brake Support

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The warning lights come on warning of a malfunction and deactivates the high beam assist on most cold mornings for me. Only after leaving the A/C on windscreen demist on for some considerable time (up to 1/2 hour) does it then start to work. The lane departure warning light/system sometimes also malfunctions at the same time.
Whether there should be vents to allow the condensation /moisture to disperse is another matter but then that would allow dust etc to penetrate and collect around the lenses etc. This would create a cleaning problem.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.

stew.pan

Post by stew.pan »

Hi all,
Quick update ref my warning lights being on and not going off. I went to the dealers this morning and as i got within 200 yards of the place the lights went off !!!! Dealer still took it in and two hours later i was told they had run a diagnostic test (tested some sensors etc,) the lights are off and should now be ok. They have also ordered a new camera and will phone me when it arrives so that an appointment can be made for fitting it. I can only think that the sensors are regarding the ABS and TPMS and the camera must be faulty and is the cause for the other lights to come on for it to be changed. It all baffles me, oh for the days of my old Mk 2 cortina !!
Thanks to jtonline for your reply and for the info on fitting a full size spare wheel/tyre on your web site. Regards S.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Deano wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 am Hi
Is it unusual to have condensation in front of the camera in this cold weather? The scbs light is permanently lit amber and I can see moisture behind the windscreen in front of the camera. Looks like the system is confused. Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Deano
Is your climate control on?
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD