Speed Limits incorrect

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
NickiT

Post by NickiT »

Have had my new CX-3 for just about a week now and so far I am finding the speed limit showing in the heads up display is wrong for about 5-10 % of the time. Can be too high or too low.

Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do about it?
Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Manual AWD, July 2017

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Do you mean that the hud and speedometer show different figures at the same time OR actual speed limits on the road are not correct on the satnav/ display (because the satnav is not always up to date with the speed limit changes).
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

People can request corrections to the satnav BUT apparently they take ages (years sometimes) to get corrected!!!☺
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The data tends to be inaccurate on all sat nav maps to some extent. My standalone TomTom allowed the user to make changes when errors were spotted and they could be shared with the TomTom user community until such time as an official update was released.

The new CX-3's will detect road signs and use those to display speed limits on the Active Display. Sat nav map data being used if no signs are detected by the Forward Sensing Camera.

You can make changes to the map at https://mapcreator.here.com but there's no guarantee they'll make it into the vehicle map, and Mazda don't release updates very frequently.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Thanks jtonline!! ☺
NickiT

Post by NickiT »

Thanks for the feedback!

jtonline said "The new CX-3's will detect road signs and use those to display speed limits on the Active Display. Sat nav map data being used if no signs are detected by the Forward Sensing Camera." and I suspect my problem is there and that there may be glitches in the camera system. Showing a speed limit of 40mph on a road that is de-restricted and has been for as long as I can remember is not likely to be a map data issue!

I will continue to monitor...
Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Manual AWD, July 2017
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I feel your pain! I'd rather turn mine off than let it show me nonsense on roads I know it to be wrong. How do I trust it on roads I don't know? An annoying feature of the new CX-5 which I presume is the same as the new CX-3, is that too many systems default to on. On the older CX-5, they stayed where you left them which was perfect. So in this case, as soon as the SD card is inserted, you can't turn the traffic sign Russian roulette off in isolation and turning the HUD off to avoid the endorsement risking propaganda, just defaults back to on every time. Why Mazda, why? It spoils a car near perfect in so many other ways.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD