SatNav problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
CraigBrighton

Post by CraigBrighton »

Hi all,
I picked up my new baby on Saturday, and took it for the obligatory long drive. All was fine for a while and then the SatNav started resetting itself while I was driving along, the screen would blip, the maps disappear, and then a thinking/loading circle thing pops up and says "Navigation Loading" It must have done this about 10 times just on the drive from Worthing to Brighton. I have reported it to the dealer, who suggests it needs to go back in for a day for them to look into it. (I don't want to send it back for a day having waited weeks to get it in the first place.)
So I wonder if any of you have any ideas, or if you've seen similar issues. (I've done the usual google search and found nothing specific.)

Thanks Guys.

(p.s. the DAB radio wouldn't start after I stopped to go the shops, and I had to restart the car to get the DAB to do anything, the dealer says this is just rubbish DAB reception and sounds normal!)

IMG-20150815-WA0003.jpg

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It's a common problem and will no doubt get fixed with a software patch at some stage. I would go online and register for MZD updates which will require the SD card from your dash. Update the maps then see how it goes.

This is the link

https://mazda-eu.naviextras.com/shop/po ... le.code=en
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
CraigBrighton

Post by CraigBrighton »

So, out of desperation, I did a full "factory reset" of the MZD-Connect system. This appears to have done the job, and I haven't had the problem again since doing it. (although I've only driven it for 4 or 5 hours afterwards, but it was doing it more and more frequently prior to the reset.)
Seeing as it didn't have the problem when I first picked up the car, I can only assume that it was something I did that caused the problem. (I am a techy and do like to tinker with things.) My number 1 suspect is the wifi setup thing for the satnav. I will do some testing in the coming weeks to see if I can recreate the issue by slowly tinkering with different bits.
On a separate but similar subject - has anyone managed to get the SMS functionality to work yet? I swear it worked briefly once, but not at all since. (Connecting to Sony Xperia Z2 running the latest Android.)