Warning Light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

HI,

I had a warning light come on this morning, which went off just as I reached home, so I couldn't really see clearly what it was. It was located under the front fog light symbol and it looked similar to the LDWS light in the manual. When I reached home and got the manual out, I pressed the LDWS to OFF, a symbol appears on the right of the cluster and OFF appears. As mentioned, it didn't have OFF but looked very similar, as nothing else in the manual looked anything like it.
I am colour blind so I don't know if it was red/amber or green - sorry!!!
It is going into the dealer next Wednesday for an aircon fix (initial inspection so it will hopefully be ready for Summer going by others experiences) so I can ask them but I am intrigued to know what it could be.
ALSO - the brakes squeal when the car has been run for a while, but not when the car is first used! Something else for the dealer to hopefully sort.

Thanks.
2016 2.0 Sport Nav Manual, Titanium Mica

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It was probably the orange LDWS error light. There is a front facing camera behind the rear view mirror that looks out of the windscreen at the road ahead. It recognises white and yellow lane markings and those at the edges of the road, but if the paint on the road becomes worn or partially covered by puddles of water as you drive along it can confuse the system and it throws up the error light for a short time.

The other things that confuse it are condensation, ice, or dirt on the windscreen where the camera is.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Thanks jtonline for your help. I will keep an eye on it over the next few days - I have just been out in it and it was fine - thanks.
Gus

Post by Gus »

The other thing that causes it to have kittens is in roadworks where they have covered white lines with black paint or burnt it off
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Yes, I get this from time to time. But it always seems to sorts itself out within a few miles.
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.
santa

Post by santa »

I get this on certain streches of road (I know of two specific places), but I'm not sure what triggers it, as I can't see anything different.
And I can add, that the auto high-beam is disabled at the same time (when the LDSW warning light is on).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Thanks for the replies - at least it's not just me!!