Engine cold Start noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Monty did they immediately accept responsibility for the scratches on the wing, or did you have to argue the point. What about the HUD did they say how it happened.
You ought to contact the Auto Express they run story's like yours,and the owners usually come out with some form of compo if they take it up, although you said you are going down that route anyway.......good luck with it !!!
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Yes Dave the dealership took responsibility straight away, they had no choice really as the car was in their care at the time. It just seems to be one thing after another.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

....personally I have a mistrust of the way dealers treat the cars in their care.

I found a Mazda dealer that takes me round the car when I arrive and they give me a sheet of paper with a visual body inspection check. It's a good idea and gives me peace of mind as cars are packed in like sardines in these places! - when I leave after the service we go round the car again and I sign it off. I also make a note of the mileage before I leave it with them.

My previous garage (Mazda main dealer) were shockers at leaving things loose, missing or not done - as an instance one time I found thay had not put back the plactic cover over the engine block, leaving it loose, no screws - I had to refit it myself... and small things irked me like I would have to have to 'degrease' the steering wheel everytime after it had been in the garage etc etc etc....

If you find a good garage it's worth sticking with them otherwise move on...
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

What a nightmare. I to have suffered a couple of issues and also was not impressed with the quality of service I received from the supplying dealer. It has been some years since I purchased a new car and my then current car which was seven years old was still receiving the same care as the day I bought it. (Skoda)
My wife purchased a new Mini Countryman about a month before I ordered the Mazda and her experience from Mini could not have been more different than that from Mazda. From order to delivery she was contacted every week with an update report on its build progress. Delivery was taken from inside the showroom with her car in the corner covered with a silk car cover (for her to uncover her own car). Only a small thing but made the experience so much more pleasing. Since having the car she gets regular monthly calls from the service manager to check if 'all is OK' or if she has any questions. Now that is aftersales service.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

You don’t want a smart repair on that, they will just do that little bit. It wants the whole panel doing imo.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

anchorman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 pm You don’t want a smart repair on that, they will just do that little bit. It wants the whole panel doing imo.

I agree anchorman and have put that point to the dealership. I await their reply.
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Had a reply from the dealership regarding the paint work. Apparently the ‘SMART’ guy they use cannot match the paintwork. Really! I thought that was the whole point of they're business. Obviously not that ‘SMART’ after all. So now I await for a date for the car to go into their body shop. More time away, and god knows what will happen to it.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Monty let's hope the body shop can, I had a silver metallic car that needed bonnet and wing spraying, took them three goes till I was happy with the match. Had to get the insurance company's assessor to agree it was sub standard as well, although in a past life I was in aerospace as a quality engineer, so I am obsessively fussy :lol: .my other halve couldn't see the problem :roll:
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

DaveG wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 pm Monty let's hope the body shop can, I had a silver metallic car that needed bonnet and wing spraying, took them three goes till I was happy with the match. Had to get the insurance company's assessor to agree it was sub standard as well, although in a past life I was in aerospace as a quality engineer, so I am obsessively fussy :lol: .my other halve couldn't see the problem :roll:

You sound like me Dave.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Yes Monty I realised earlier that you also liked a p*as take as well, then you said you used to be a mechanic, and working myself in a engineering environment till I was 50, we probably both were constantly looking for an opening for a p'ss take, and deflecting incoming insults, in our world you never said to a work mate " good Job"" you were just looking for a opening for a p*as take am I right :D