Engine cold Start noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

The norm :D 👍
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Handy Andy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:01 pm What a nightmare. I to have suffered a couple of issues and also was not impressed with the quality of service I received from the supplying dealer. It has been some years since I purchased a new car and my then current car which was seven years old was still receiving the same care as the day I bought it. (Skoda)
My wife purchased a new Mini Countryman about a month before I ordered the Mazda and her experience from Mini could not have been more different than that from Mazda. From order to delivery she was contacted every week with an update report on its build progress. Delivery was taken from inside the showroom with her car in the corner covered with a silk car cover (for her to uncover her own car). Only a small thing but made the experience so much more pleasing. Since having the car she gets regular monthly calls from the service manager to check if 'all is OK' or if she has any questions. Now that is aftersales service.
It was the same when my wife bought her BMW 2 Series coupe last year. Excellent customer service and she was sent a video of the car sitting in a special inside bay waiting for her.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Also not impressed with the quality of work carried out by my Mazda dealer either. Pre delivery they fitted front parking sensors, I noticed they were not flush with the body work also paint was missing behind sensor but not readily obvious unless closely inspected. They duly fitted new sensors which were fitted to a acceptable standard but the paint issue not resolved.
Next the auto wipers and lights ceased to function, the sensor had come unstuck from the screen, they ordered and fitted a new sticky pad, on collection I noticed air bubbles where it had been stuck, I mentioned it but was told they should disappear in a few days, my response I doubt it.
Two days later it fell of again on returning to the garage I suggested that instead using the bit of blue roll to the clean the screen they left in the car,they wipe it with IPA and use a hair drier to gently heat the screen to assist the bonding as their workshop conditions at this time of the year are not helping. But apparantly their technicians are highly skilled and know what they are doing. They may have labelled me difficult :lol:
My last car a Citroen DS4, Every time it went in job done right first time every time.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Mine goes into the their body shop next Thursday. I wonder if they'll use water or oil paint ;)
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

rockposer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:01 pm What a nightmare. I to have suffered a couple of issues and also was not impressed with the quality of service I received from the supplying dealer. It has been some years since I purchased a new car and my then current car which was seven years old was still receiving the same care as the day I bought it. (Skoda)
My wife purchased a new Mini Countryman about a month before I ordered the Mazda and her experience from Mini could not have been more different than that from Mazda. From order to delivery she was contacted every week with an update report on its build progress. Delivery was taken from inside the showroom with her car in the corner covered with a silk car cover (for her to uncover her own car). Only a small thing but made the experience so much more pleasing. Since having the car she gets regular monthly calls from the service manager to check if 'all is OK' or if she has any questions. Now that is aftersales service.
It was the same when my wife bought her BMW 2 Series coupe last year. Excellent customer service and she was sent a video of the car sitting in a special inside bay waiting for her.
BMW / Mini - same parent company, they seem to have it right.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Monty....the type of paint depends on the equipment they use, brush or roller, or it could be a bodge, roller on the big bits brush on the fiddly bits ;)
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

DaveG wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm Monty....the type of paint depends on the equipment they use, brush or roller, or it could be a bodge, roller on the big bits brush on the fiddly bits ;)

As long as they don't artex it :D
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:24 pm Also not impressed with the quality of work carried out by my Mazda dealer either. Pre delivery they fitted front parking sensors, I noticed they were not flush with the body work also paint was missing behind sensor but not readily obvious unless closely inspected. They duly fitted new sensors which were fitted to a acceptable standard but the paint issue not resolved.
Next the auto wipers and lights ceased to function, the sensor had come unstuck from the screen, they ordered and fitted a new sticky pad, on collection I noticed air bubbles where it had been stuck, I mentioned it but was told they should disappear in a few days, my response I doubt it.
Two days later it fell of again on returning to the garage I suggested that instead using the bit of blue roll to the clean the screen they left in the car,they wipe it with IPA and use a hair drier to gently heat the screen to assist the bonding as their workshop conditions at this time of the year are not helping. But apparantly their technicians are highly skilled and know what they are doing. They may have labelled me difficult :lol:
My last car a Citroen DS4, Every time it went in job done right first time every time.
Well new sensor fitted yesterday today came unstuck from the screen again today and they did wipe with IPA and heat the screen. That is the third time it has come off. They are now ordering some new pads and getting a screen fitter to have a go. Clearly the screen has some form of contamination from new, another two weeks wait.
My Mazda has been in the dealers more in the past three Months, than my much maligned Citroen's did in three years.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Have they tried Blu Tak or Wrigleys :D
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Good plan Monty, but I thought heard the service manager on the phone to technical support asking if they could drill the screen and use a couple of 2mm bolts.