Engine cold Start noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Keep in mind that plastic parts are often a different shade from new - you can see the mismatch on the bumpers in good light. That snoot is plastic so the paint may not match perfectly. Have a good look before it goes.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi Monty, got your car back from the bodyshop yet.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Don't ask Dave.

It came back this morning, but was promptly returned. Not because of the bodywork repair though, which as far as I could tell looked alright but was hard to tell as it was pouring with rain. The car came back with the dash board lit up like a Christmas tree. The unbelievable bit was the body shop knew it was like it but still sent it back to me as apparently the body shop manager said it was nothing they had done to cause it.

Wouldn't you think anyone with half a brain cell would have contacted me to clarify if there had previously been a problem with dash lights, which there hadn't, before returning it, or send it back over to the dealership for rectification if they couldn't fix it. The dealership and body shop are after all one of the same company, albeit several miles away from each other. But oh no, that would be too easy. As you might have guessed I'm not best pleased to say the least.

I'm currently in contact with Mazda's group manager who is in contact with Mazda UK and the brand manager with regard to return/purchase of the car. I have told them to keep it as I'm sick to death of it and the constant problems. I truly believe the car has spent more time and done more miles with the dealership than with me since I took delivery back in November.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Monty somehow guessed there would be a problem, as I suspect you did also. I think you are totally right in taking steps to reject the car, no doubt you have already looked into the criteria, interested in what there attitude will be, keep us posted.
Apart from being stressful, you must have totally lost faith in the vehicle, and will never enjoy it, what does Mrs Monty make of it all. Yes if it was me I would want shot of it.
Hope it works out to your satisfaction.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Mrs Monty is as exasperated as I am Dave.

We shall see how things pan out.

The thing is though I like the CX-3 model. It's all the incompetence and lack of care of others that I cannot tolerate which has caused me no end of stress along with the new car experience being blown into oblivion.
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

The saga update

CX-3 is no more.

Had confirmation on Friday that the hierarchy of the dealership group have agreed to take the car back, they have it already, and refund me in full. Going in Monday to sign the paperwork and transfer ownership back to dealership.

What car next is the question.
Last edited by 1Monty on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Another brand? I strongly recommend a test of a CX-5.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

After all the problems I'm a bit Mazda'd out at the moment.

CX-5 is out as they don't do a petrol auto version and I don't like deisels.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

Have a look at the Volkswagen T-Roc range
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

IWRA wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 am Have a look at the Volkswagen T-Roc range

Too pricey, and almost everything is an extra price. I'm amazed they don't charge extra for the glass.