Engine cold Start noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I suggest you take a serious look at the Skoda Karoq, the Yeti replacement. All the reports I've seen give it excellent marks e.g. What Car 5 stars. The new 1.5 petrol engine from the VAG stable is very well marked :-

"However, we’re most smitten by the 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol. It has an identical 148bhp as the diesel that proves to be a great match with the Karoq, delivering punchy performance in a refined manner. There’s plenty of power from low in the rev range, so you don’t have to work the engine hard to make reasonable progress, and the 0-60mph sprint takes a brisk 8.1sec."

I would have given this very serious consideration if it had been out when I was looking for my new car and I had been going for a manual transmission.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Again, above my budget especially after you have added on extras which come pretty well as standard on the Mazda, like seats, pedals, steering wheel....etc 😋 ;)
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

Kia Niro?
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

IWRA wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 pmKia Niro?

Are you on commission IWRA :lol:
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

IWRA wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 pmKia Niro?

No thanks.

Does it come with a sun roof. Going by the length of that gear shift your going to need it :D
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

1Monty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:11 pm Again, above my budget especially after you have added on extras which come pretty well as standard on the Mazda, like seats, pedals, steering wheel....etc 😋 ;)
Really difficult to get the Mazda Sport Nav spec from any other Manufacturer for anywhere near the price

LED Headlights alone can be £1200 extra in VAG

I would want a proper Auto box so my choice is very limited, I see you don’t mind the 3rd pedal, so can I add my suggestion and have a look at Hyundai Kona or Kia Stonic
But happy hunting, apart from having to put up with loads of Salesmen, it can be fun
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Peter55 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:12 pm
1Monty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:11 pm Again, above my budget especially after you have added on extras which come pretty well as standard on the Mazda, like seats, pedals, steering wheel....etc 😋 ;)
Really difficult to get the Mazda Sport Nav spec from any other Manufacturer for anywhere near the price

LED Headlights alone can be £1200 extra in VAG

I would want a proper Auto box so my choice is very limited, I see you don’t mind the 3rd pedal, so can I add my suggestion and have a look at Hyundai Kona or Kia Stonic
But happy hunting, apart from having to put up with loads of Salesmen, it can be fun

Thanks Peter.

My heart is set on a auto this time. What though remains to be seen.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Is there another Mazda dealer near by, who should be able to provide a better (more typical) service?
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Monty I know of a really nice CX3 sport nav in snowflake white, only 1300 miles, its due a new windscreen quality of work yet to be decided and badly fitted front sensors its down here in Bournemouth it could be yours :lol:
Failing that......when I chose the Mazda I struggled to find another vehicle within my price range that had all the kit that the sport nav had, I also wanted a petrol but not a little 3pot with a turbo, good as they are, I liked the idea of a 2ltr, the first I had had since my brilliant twin cam Sierra.
If you like the CX why not bite the bullit and get another and fingers crossed you have a better experiance, you should get a good deal.
Best of luck. :D
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Greenman wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:02 pm Is there another Mazda dealer near by, who should be able to provide a better (more typical) service?

Fraid not Greenman. The one I have been using is 20 miles away with the next 30 miles.