Leaving Home Lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Hi,

Checked the manual, not very clear again. I can suss the coming home lights as I just pull the lever and that does the trick. However, when I approach the car and unlock it via the fob, only the internal lights come on - is this right as I thought the headlights would illuminate my way to the car - I leave my switch on AUTO- is this causing the problem. I have checked the lighting section in the dashdisplay and it shows a tick in the box?

Oh yes, there's no light in the boot - is this right in a car of this price???

Thanks.
2016 2.0 Sport Nav Manual, Titanium Mica

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Quoman wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm ...I thought the headlights would illuminate my way to the car - I leave my switch on AUTO- is this causing the problem...

Yes, for the leaving home light system to work the headlight light switch must be left in sidelights or headlights position and not auto. See page 4-63 of the Owner's Manual.
Quoman wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm Oh yes, there's no light in the boot - is this right in a car of this price???

There is a light on the right-hand side of the luggage compartment (boot). It has it's own off switch though, so you may have to flick the switch on the light to set it so that it comes on when the tailgate lifts and goes off when it's closed. See page 5-147.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Many thanks jtonline, much appreciated.
2016 2.0 Sport Nav Manual, Titanium Mica