B pillar door trim

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

A very nice nieghbour leant at arms length against my car during conversation “as you do” and gouged a 4cm scratch in the blackout trim with his metal watch strap. Visually most wont notice, but “The I know it’s there syndrome” means I want to sort it. The scratch I can repair “I think” but need the trim off. I will talk to Parts for advice, thanks again.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Here you are..........

Front door blackout trim install.pdf
(121.5 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Front door blackout trim.pdf
(131.26 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

Just for info, I’ve just looked at the parts database and a new one which appears to come with the adhesive tape is £26.63 plus VAT but you can usually get 10% off so around £30 if your repair isn’t to your satisfaction.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

Anchorman: This illustration detail is just what I wanted. I’m not to pleased to see double sided tape thrown in there, but that’s why it’s important to know what your facing before you start a job. Many thanks for the info and welcome back from the sunshine state.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Mazda like using their double-sided sticky tape/pads, don't they anchorman ;) :lol:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It’s good stuff!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD