B pillar door trim

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Does anyone know how to remove the black B pillar trim from the front doors, thanks.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Here you are.

B Pillar lower.pdf
(147.42 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
B pillar upper.pdf
(116.43 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the info anchorman, don't think I made it clear enough that I ment the outer black plastic on the front door.
So sorry to waste,your time and the trouble you went to.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

DaveG, they're held in place by three clips each. I've attached an extract from the parts diagram below for reference:

door garnishes.JPG

Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thank you jt.....one of mine has a annoying scratch and I am going to replace it.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Those are called “blackout trims” in the trade ;-)
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

Reading this post with interest as I need to remove outer driver trim cover. From JTs diagram it appears these are pull off parts, prising away the 3 clips. Does anyone know if this is easy or if the clips break on removal? Does anyone have pdf files of the removal/fit process? Thanks.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

As far am I am aware a new trim panel comes with new clips, not sure if you are replacing the panel or re using. If I remember correctly the trim panel is £28.
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

Thank you DaveG. Hopefully I intend to reuse the existing b post blackout trim if I can repair satisfactorily. If I can’t, i may recover with 4D vinyl. Its removing them where I’m short of knowledge and require the assist of the forum if possible.. Any written guidance or PDF diagrams would be of immense use.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Knibbo what is the problem with the blackout trim,. Failing any written instructions I have found the parts departments helpful regarding these problems, sounds like you need to contact them anyway to see if the clips are reusable why don't you have a chat with them.