CX3 Satnav auto

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
rogeredward

Post by rogeredward »

Bought my new CX3 Satnav Auto in June 2017 and absolutely love it. I do find the satnav difficult to use, so I use my portable TomTom. Does any one else have difficulties with the satnav - or is it just me. Cheers. rogeredward.

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What difficulties are you experiencing exactly?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the group.

One thing that confused me when I first started using the Mazda sat. nav.... if you're entering a destination by postcode, after you enter the first part of the postcode you have to enter a space before you can correctly enter the second part, although it looks like the space is there on-screen already.

Let us know if there's anything specific that members can help you with.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Compared to Tom Tom and various Smartphone Apps, the Mazda SatNav, like most built in set ups, is crap. On a trip to London yesterday, the speed limit indicator stuck on 40 m.ph. Interestingly, it has only developed this fault since the latest update to the maps. Rectified by removal and re-insertion of SD card. The route selection also likes to be "creative" too. Wish it was linked to Apple or Android.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

jtonline wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 pm Welcome to the group.

One thing that confused me when I first started using the Mazda sat. nav.... if you're entering a destination by postcode, after you enter the first part of the postcode you have to enter a space before you can correctly enter the second part, although it looks like the space is there on-screen already.

Let us know if there's anything specific that members can help you with.
Ah, this could be where I've been going wrong :o
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

goldhillman wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm Compared to Tom Tom and various Smartphone Apps, the Mazda SatNav, like most built in set ups, is crap. On a trip to London yesterday, the speed limit indicator stuck on 40 m.ph. Interestingly, it has only developed this fault since the latest update to the maps. Rectified by removal and re-insertion of SD card. The route selection also likes to be "creative" too. Wish it was linked to Apple or Android.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I drove back home through Southend On-Sea the other day (speed camera hell) and not once did it notify me. Checked settings and all activated. Latest update also installed. Removed SD card and re-checked that everything is updated on PC, all correct.

Not a patch on my portable TomTom GO600 sat nav.

I've got to go back to Southend on Monday to take the car in so will see if the sat nav has sorted itself out and notifies me of the speed cameras, if not the garage can sort that out as well.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Lets face it the Mazda Sat Nav is a pile of poo! It does not pick up the speed cameras and as such I have had one speeding fine doing 35 in a 30 mph limit. I know it's my fault so I'm not complaining. I now have my Garmin installed next to the info centre and that gives me all the warnings I need. Also it shows me my actual speed alongside the speed limit together with any problems ahead, I would advise anybody to use a Garmin or Tom Tom rather than the on board system.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

The speed camera warnings work okay for me to be honest. I do tend to run Sygic at the same time in order to check traffic.