Sat Nav

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The Operating System you have is the latest, it will show as 70.00.335 EU N once the file is installed.

Perhaps what you're describing is a bug in the latest OS then, because mine is on an earlier version and in the Navigation settings the 'Speeding' option is set to 'Visual only' &' Display speed limit' is set to 'Always' and they both stay set.

Be aware that when it's working it's only a guide and is not that accurate because the mapping data is often out of date compared to the actual speed restrictions on the road ahead.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

BWJ wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 pm When you stop the engine and restart, the "Speeding" facility always been SWITCHED OFF, as well as cruise control.
The speed limiter will switch off, but I don't think that's what lhcmazda is referring to.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

The "Speeding" setting should not be switched OFF after setting it ON just by starting the engine which is what is happening. The 30 MPH icon is displayed on the Sat Nav screen when I set the "Speeding" setting, and then when I start the engine and the MZD-Connect system closes momentarily and then restarts, and the Sat Nav screen reappears, the 30 MPH icon is no longer showing, and when I check after switching the engine OFF again, the "Speeding" setting has as I mentioned been switched OFF. This cannot be correct as in my case I cannot use the "Speeding" facility, because each time I set it up and switch it ON, after starting the engine it's switched OFF.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

lhcmazda wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 pm ...., because each time I set it up and switch it ON, after starting the engine it's switched OFF.
A bit like this then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGCW8xftdOA
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Why don't you start the engine and then turn it on?
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

You can't turn the "Speeding" facility on with the engine running as the "Speeding" setting option is not available, but it appears from the Warning option that the Speeding option is ON but in fact as I mentioned it has actually been switched OFF. Try it out on your car and let me know what happens, any feed back at this point would be useful as I think it's going to turn out to be a bug in the new Soft Ware, or if not a bug then the dealer may be able to clear up the problem by re installing the latest version of s/w again. I would do this if I encountered a malfunction on my phone with an App which is not operating correctly.

I would appreciate anyone reading this thread to just try and set up the "Speeding" facility and let me know if it works so I can then use the information to go back to the dealer with.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I have the following set with no problems:

Speeding, Alert and Speed cameras to Audio & Visual;
Speed Limit and Warn for Cameras to Always;
Warning Sign ticked.

Without altering my setting I would say that some are interlinked and if not set correctly will negate the other options set.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Thank you HouseSpider for your report back does the setting remain ON after you have started the engine i.e. the "MPH" icon still showing on the Sat Nav Screen, also when you switch off the engine and view the Speeding Setting is it still "ON", as I mentioned my problem is that it has been switched OFF. Could you also verify the version of soft ware that your MZD- connect system is operating on, you can access this by choosing the Home Screen "Communication", then select "Settings" Gear Wheel symbol, then "Tab" across to select "System" then select the bottom option which should be "About" this will give you all the details about your MZD-Connect System soft ware version etc. I await your reply with interest.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

lhcmazda wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:49 pm Thank you HouseSpider for your report back does the setting remain ON after you have started the engine i.e. the "MPH" icon still showing on the Sat Nav Screen, also when you switch off the engine and view the Speeding Setting is it still "ON", as I mentioned my problem is that it has been switched OFF. Could you also verify the version of soft ware that your MZD- connect system is operating on, you can access this by choosing the Home Screen "Communication", then select "Settings" Gear Wheel symbol, then "Tab" across to select "System" then select the bottom option which should be "About" this will give you all the details about your MZD-Connect System soft ware version etc. I await your reply with interest.
Version 59.00.545 EU N (without the android/iphone augmentations). The settings are stable and do not alter.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Thank you once again HouseSpider for the information re your MZD-Connect S/W version and that the settings remained stable when the engine was started, I have still not had any feed back from the dealer, but I at least know that it should work, even though your version of S/W is older than the latest installed in my car. I will report back with the dealers findings and hopefully a resolution of my problem