Sat Nav

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

I was about to come onto the site to ask about my satnav query so I'll tag on to this.
On my previous Mazda5 my screen gave actual speed in MPH. I can't seem to get it on the CX3. Should it be there or am I missing some setting?
On a long straight road I established that my speedo was 4% high. Has any one any idea on how accurate the CX3 speedo is?
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg

lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

The MPH icon that I'm referring to is the maximum road speed allocated to the road that you are travelling on, dictated by the road sign which is detected by the forward facing camera. This appears on the "Head Up" display which flips up when the engine is started. The actual MPH at which you are travelling is only displayed on the digital MPH screen together with the engine speed rev counter. You can get some idea as to how accurate you Speedo is by connecting up another Sat Nav like TomTom which will show actual car speed and also maximum road speed from this second Sat Nav you will be able to determine how accurate the CX 3 Speedo is. Hope his helps to answer your query.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

I have now had feed back from the RRG Mazda main dealer, who has confirmed that the problem I experienced in trying to set up the "Speeding" facility which was then switched off as soon as I started the engine, is common to other cars, so not a fault on my car. The problem is being referred to Mazda UK and I will be kept informed of progress regarding the resolution of the problem such that we can use the "Speeding" facility. Watch this space !!!!!!!, lets hope that Mazda sort the problem out sooner rather than later !!!!!!.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

I have had further feed back from Mazda via the dealer. Because my car has an "Active Driving Display" (Windscreen type), the MPH Icon which initially appears on the Sat Nav screen is in addition to the MPH Icon which also appears in the "Active Driving Display" screen. To prevent having the two MPH Icons displayed albeit on two different screens and giving the same information, Mazda have disabled the duplication on the Sat Nav screen, this occurs as soon as the engine is started i.e. when the "Active Driving Display" rises up on the dash to display the MPH and other information. So in my case there is no fault everything is in order, for cars not fitted with the "Active Driving Display" the MPH Icon will appear and remain after the engine has been started.