Fitment Guide for CX-3 Auto Folding Mirror Kit C850-V7-650A

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
CreamLad

Post by CreamLad »

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased the C850-V7-650A kit, which does come with a very technical yet somewhat confusing and protracted multi-language guide, however, I was wondering:

Is there an easy English guide out there somewhere (that I currently can’t find) that clearly shows how to fit it to my RHD 2016 Mazda CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav (Manual) please?

Thanks and best,

Rob

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Hi Rob

I also had quick Google but couldn't find anything.

I would have said Its probably worth investing in a Haynes manual, but it looks like they haven't brought one out yet for the CX3.

Unless someone can come up with the answer on here it might be worth having a chat with the service dept at your local dealer for pointers on exactly what to remove before tugging at the inside door panel to gain access.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
CreamLad

Post by CreamLad »

1Monty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:52 pm Hi Rob

I also had quick Google but couldn't find anything.

I would have said Its probably worth investing in a Haynes manual, but it looks like they haven't brought one out yet for the CX3.

Unless someone can come up with the answer on here it might be worth having a chat with the service dept at your local dealer for pointers on exactly what to remove before tugging at the inside door panel to gain access.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Thanks 1Monty I really appreciate your reply, I will go and ask my dealership if I get stuck as they have been brilliant so far. My Dad who is quite tech savvy will take a look with me tomorrow and if I run into any difficulty I’m sure my garage can take a look. I was just trying to avoid any unnecessary costs for fitting as it looks like a pretty standard install from the equipment provided, until I took a look at the instructions that was. I’m not sure they aren’t over complicating the instructions to get the dealer to fit it, when in fact in probably just plugs in and the additional wires just create the bypass. In the original loom.

Thanks anyway mate,

Rob
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

No problem Rob.

Let me/us know how you get on.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The kit fits various Mazda models so that probably complicates the fitting instructions. I seem to remember reading somewhere that you have to carefully prise out some of the wires from the existing wiring connectors to integrate the wiring from the kit and then stick the relay inside the door.

Also, here is a quote from an earlier post on the subject:
Manxy1 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:08 pm ... Anyhow apparently it was a beast to fit:-/. The head technician at our local dealership was apparently tearing his hair out fitting it!..

But I think you should be OK if you're careful and don't try and rush it.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Pukmeister

Post by Pukmeister »

Has anybody done this and have any advice? I just received the kit and thumbed through the relative section for the CX-3 and it all seems straightforward, the only ambiguous part is a wire placement into a connector depending upon if the car is "option 1: with double locking system" or "option 2: without double locking system".

I have no idea what the "double locking system" relates to, or how I determine if my car has it.

Can anybody help ?
2016 CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Manual
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The double locking system is designed to prevent someone who has broken into your vehicle from opening the door from the inside.
You can activate double locking by pressing the lock button on the key fob twice within 3 seconds.
The car with a padlock icon on the instrument panel illuminates for about three seconds after door locking to indicate the feature has been activated.

You might need a pin removal tool or a thin watchmaker style screwdriver to release the wiring pins from the connectors.
Julian.
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:58 pm You can activate double locking by pressing the lock button on the key fob twice within 3 seconds.
Pressing one of the door buttons (or the boot lid 'offset' button) also activates the double locking system if I'm not mistaken?

Also, if you have to join cables to existing ones, rather than remove wires from connectors - which can damage the connector itself if you're not careful - how about using the clip on 'scotch' connector blocks? no need to even cut existing wiring, just thread it through the 'open' side of the scotch connector with the wire you want to connect slid into the 'blocked end' - different size blocks for different size wire - get a bag load of mixed varieties on eBay?.....
Here's what the scotch blocks look like... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scotc ... 20&bih=926
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:32 am
jtonline wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:58 pm You can activate double locking by pressing the lock button on the key fob twice within 3 seconds.
Pressing one of the door buttons (or the boot lid 'offset' button) also activates the double locking system if I'm not mistaken?

Also, if you have to join cables to existing ones, rather than remove wires from connectors - which can damage the connector itself if you're not careful - how about using the clip on 'scotch' connector blocks? no need to even cut existing wiring, just thread it through the 'open' side of the scotch connector with the wire you want to connect slid into the 'blocked end' - different size blocks for different size wire - get a bag load of mixed varieties on eBay?.....
Here's what the scotch blocks look like... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scotc ... 20&bih=926
I think you'd have to press the door button twice. I believe double locking is also activated if walk-away locking is enabled.

I wouldn't use Scotch Locks (Scotchlok™). I think the instructions are to remove some wires from the factory fitted connectors and transfer to the connectors in the kit.
Julian.
Pukmeister

Post by Pukmeister »

Thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated. I will have a play with the keyfob regarding double locking, the car has keyless entry and start.

With respect, in no way would I ever contemplate using scotchlock connectors, hateful things. They cause hotspots in cables and poor connections that are prone to falling off or causing wires to break.
2016 CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Manual