Flickering Screen

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Second time this has happened and not sure what I did last time (If anything!) to resolve it but my sat nav screen has developed a flicker. I think it’s some conflict that occurs when you restart the engine as i-stop is kicking in. Not done intentionally- I had just pulled in to fill up with petrol. Tried taking card out and re inserting but flicker remains. Any ideas?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The only experience I've had of the sat nav screen flickering, was when I was testing the position of my dash cam. To do so, I had temporarily draped the dash cam power lead next to the infotainment screen and down to the 12V accessories socket. Whilst driving with it like that the screen would flicker when showing the map (electromagnetic interference (EMI)). As soon as I moved the power wire to it's permanent position down behind the A pillar trim and into the fuse box, the flickering on sat nav went away.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

goldhillman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:20 pm Second time this has happened and not sure what I did last time (If anything!) to resolve it but my sat nav screen has developed a flicker. I think it’s some conflict that occurs when you restart the engine as i-stop is kicking in. Not done intentionally- I had just pulled in to fill up with petrol. Tried taking card out and re inserting but flicker remains. Any ideas?

I'm plucking at straws here and it's just a shot in the dark, but have you updated the SD card lately.

You never know, stranger things have happened.

Failing all else give the dealer a call. Better to get these things sorted while in warranty.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Updated several weeks ago and have had no problems until today. I’m sure it’s something to do with restarting as it is shutting down. Might try a reset.
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Just started her up and - hey presto! - no flicker! As our American cousins would say - Go figure! :idea:
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Happens with me occasionally

Mute Return Nav reboot cures it, but still annoying
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors