Drivers seat lowers on its own

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Cymro

Post by Cymro »

Had the car since June I drive it every other week in the beginning I thought the wife was lowering the seat.So now it has been in to dealerships twice first time they said they stripped it down was okay for about a month.So today it went in again and now they say it’s our fault we are hitting handle on way in to car according to Mazda. They gave me a printout from Mazda to this effect not happy at all

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Get in touch with Mazda customer service UK Cymro.

https://www.mazda.co.uk/contact-us-page ... pzuXhz9.97
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Well I had the same problem on a previous car a Renault Cleo, it used to slowly sink over a few weeks or so, I ended up measuring it then checking the drop. They eventually replaced the seat mechanism/ base, after disputing there was a problem.

Sounds like you are in the same position, regarding the handle this may sound silly but why don't you ask them to set the seat to a measured height then remove the handle to prove a point.

I am not sure how the system works but if I recall it is of a friction type there is not a locking mechanism, hope this is of some help.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

There is a TSB for the CX-5 which I would print and take to the dealer. There is a modified coil spring tensioner kit that I’m sure will be the same on the CX-3
Seat Drivers seat gradually moves down by itself..pdf
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Note that on the CX-5 the TSB says that even with the modification "it may be difficult to prevent the symptom completely when the vehicle is driven under conditions that promote shock/vibration to the seat."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Further to my previouse post and jtonline above indicating there may not be a satisfactory long term solution, I got so fed up with mine till it was fixed that I put small blocks of timber the correct height under the mechanism to solve the problem, bodge yes but it worked.
Cymro

Post by Cymro »

This is the answer from mazda i don't think i should have been given this

vets to go  1.jpeg

vets to go  2.jpeg

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Cymro are you going back to your dealer armed with the info that JT supplied interested in there response

After reading your latest post I have tried to lower the seat with my thigh getting in and out of the car, couldn't do it. :lol:

Still reckon if they play the you are doing it getting in and out of the seat card, you should ask them to set the seat to a known height and if not possible to remove the handle, jam it in position its simple enough.

As they gave you the print out ask them to demonstrate lowering the seat with the thigh getting in and out of the car, after trying yourself of course.
Cymro

Post by Cymro »

Spoke to the ombudsman today and basically what he said was . Your supposed to adjust the seat every time you get in a car you haven’t got a claim for faulty goods . I just want it sorted
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Cymro, did you get your seat problem sorted, noticed mine is doing the same, had to regularly adjust the rearview mirror and realised it is the seat slowly sinking.