Engine issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Mine has done about 8500 miles and its saved 100 miles in fuel. Why? Because I let it get on with it instead of interfering with a system that has a bit of respect for the environment. I don’t consider myself a tree hugger but I know we can’t go on wasting fuel and destroying the atmosphere.

With regard to the OP’s question, I believe mine did a similar thing and it is due to various valves preparing to shut down. I’m sure I read it somewhere but can’t find it in my bulletins.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Like mine as well cant see the problem with using it. It doesn't interfere as it always starts instantaneously when you prepare to move off.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 pm Like mine as well cant see the problem with using it. It doesn't interfere as it always starts instantaneously when you prepare to move off.
Exactly. These are not gimmicks, they are expensive to develop and install and it’s done to push the emissions inside the legal requirements.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Mcgrimes

Post by Mcgrimes »

My Istop only seems to activate for about 20 seconds at a time; maybe that’s because the weather is poor and the engine is needed for lighting and heating.

Is this typical in UK winter?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I’ve noticed over the last week or so that the istop no longer works if the headlights are on....weird.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Mcgrimes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 pm My Istop only seems to activate for about 20 seconds at a time...
Greenman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 pm I’ve noticed over the last week or so that the istop no longer works if the headlights are on...

This topic is not related to i-stop, however in answer to your queries, anything that draws power from the battery whilst the engine is off is prone to shorten the i-stop engine off period. This will be particularly noticeable if the battery charge is already a little depleted (from short journeys for example).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd