Engine issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Cymro

Post by Cymro »

So when i stop engine 1.5 diesel the engine doesn’t cut out straight away. The dealership says they tried other Cx3 and they were the same. Asked them today to check injectors for leakage answer was no. Anyone else had this issue car less than 6 months old

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I have a petrol model and noticed the same thing. Easily solved for me. When you stop (not in an emergency but normmal braking) it sometimes doesn't shut off. When standing still push the brake pedal a little more and it should stop the engine.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Better still, try to remember to switch the damn thing off before moving away, unless of course you don't mind it.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Cymro wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:38 pm So when i stop engine 1.5 diesel the engine doesn’t cut out straight away. The dealership says they tried other Cx3 and they were the same. Asked them today to check injectors for leakage answer was no. Anyone else had this issue car less than 6 months old
Cymro - can I suggest two things :-

1) Have you tried carrying out a Search on this site for the iStop phrase? The Search box is at the left hand very top of the page above the cx-3forums logo. You'll find plenty of postings about potential iStop problems and answers, including this posting :-

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=830&start=30#p4539

2) If you add your approximate location details to your profile and a summary of your car details e.g. engine type diesel, automatic or manual gearbox - to your profile signature then this will help other forum members when answering any questions or queries you post. For detials on how to do this, please read this posting :-

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808#p3442
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

1Monty wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 pm Better still, try to remember to switch the damn thing off before moving away, unless of course you don't mind it.
Good advice. Switching the i-stop off soon becomes as automatic as putting the seat belt on.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I don't think the OP is referring to the istop function

I'm reading that when he switches the engine off it doesn't immediately switch off.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Greenman wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:51 am I don't think the OP is referring to the istop function

I'm reading that when he switches the engine off it doesn't immediately switch off.

If that is the case then the term used, or use to be used in my day is 'engine running on', which is not normal and shouldn't be happening, especially on today's modern engines. I would suggest if the op isn't getting anywhere with his dealer then try contacting other dealers for their opinion.

A little surprised no other deisel owners have commented. Few and far between perhaps.
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

zoylander wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:28 pm
1Monty wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 pm Better still, try to remember to switch the damn thing off before moving away, unless of course you don't mind it.
Good advice. Switching the i-stop off soon becomes as automatic as putting the seat belt on.
Our fuel economy monitor says "i-stop has saved you 8.4 miles". Assuming this is the average figure since buying our brand new CX-3 over two years ago, we are humbled by the fact that i-stop has provided a total fuel saving of just £1.26* We're planning to celebrate soon and feel proud that we've saved the planet in our own little way!

* 4.546 litres x (ave.) £1.20 per litre = £5.46 per gallon.
£5.46 per gallon divided by (ave.) 37 mpg = 15p per mile.
i-stop saving of 8.4 miles x 15p per mile = £1.26. Whoopee Doo.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Cymro

Post by Cymro »

This has nothing to do with istop. It’s to do with the engine running after stop button has been depressed. It might only be a second or two but as far as I’m concerned this should not happen. My local garage had the car for about one and half hour. They said they injectors were within tolerance surely they would have had to strip them down to test? Any thoughts on this thinking of going to another Mazda garage to see if they say any different (tried other Cx3 but they are the same) this is what my local garage used as an excuse
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Cymro wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:27 pm This has nothing to do with istop. It’s to do with the engine running after stop button has been depressed. It might only be a second or two but as far as I’m concerned this should not happen. My local garage had the car for about one and half hour. They said they injectors were within tolerance surely they would have had to strip them down to test? Any thoughts on this thinking of going to another Mazda garage to see if they say any different (tried other Cx3 but they are the same) this is what my local garage used as an excuse

As I said in my post Cymro.