Diesel in Engine Oil

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Mcgrimes

Post by Mcgrimes »

Thanks for the updates.
I’ve noticed the DPF regen, it’s done it on most diesels I’ve driven but I’ve never had any with oil issues like this.

As you say, they’ve replaced the injectors {apparently} which caused me to have some concerns as to whether they’ve fixed the problem or cured the symptoms.

So everyone here has this issue with diesel in the oil?

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As anchorman says, it will ordinarily dilute the oil - that’s why the X is there. However, mine has never had the oil level reach the X mark prior to oil changes at the recommended maintenance periods. Periodically check the level, observing the notes on page 6-28 of the owner's manual.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
jtucker

Post by jtucker »

hi
am new to this but have an issue with my2016 cx3 diesel. it's in for it's second set of injectors. I am interested in what "Anchorman" said about forcing a regeneration as the car is usually used for short journeys. how do I get his e-mail please? never been on a forum before. I am concerned as the car will soon be out of warranty. they say this will fix the problem of the spanner coming on again but I am not convinced. have also had issues with rust on the tail gate and the air con. desperate to resolve this issue before the warranty runs out. if it's something I can do at home-I have a good knowledge of cars-the i'd really appreciate it.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I presume your Mazda dealer has already sorted the rust and air con issues under warranty. I'm not sure why it would need a second set of injectors and if it were me I would be asking my dealer why. Make sure you're using Mazda specification, low soot, engine oil and decent diesel.

As I understand it, forcing a regen is not something that is beneficial unless the DPF warning light has come on to signify a full filter. Usually the car is quite capable of sorting itself out.

If you want to contact anchorman, you can send him a Private Message (PM) through this forum by clicking the little speech bubble icon next to the word 'Contact' to the right of any of his posts. Bear in mind that members have lives outside these forums, so you may not get an immediate response to any PM's that you send to members ;)
Julian.
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
jtucker

Post by jtucker »

jtonline wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:04 am I presume your Mazda dealer has already sorted the rust and air con issues under warranty. I'm not sure why it would need a second set of injectors and if it were me I would be asking my dealer why. Make sure you're using Mazda specification, low soot, engine oil and decent diesel.

As I understand it, forcing a regen is not something that is beneficial unless the DPF warning light has come on to signify a full filter. Usually the car is quite capable of sorting itself out.

If you want to contact anchorman, you can send him a Private Message (PM) through this forum by clicking the little speech bubble icon next to the word 'Contact' to the right of any of his posts. Bear in mind that members have lives outside these forums, so you may not get an immediate response to any PM's that you send to members ;)
many thanks for your reply. we have looked after the car properly from the start-my husband has 30 yrs of motor vehicle trade experience. Anchor man doesn't have the "contact" on his posts so I am stumped. or is it my ineptness re I.T.? I do appreciate you replying though
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

jtucker wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:14 am hi
am new to this but have an issue with my2016 cx3 diesel. it's in for it's second set of injectors. I am interested in what "Anchorman" said about forcing a regeneration as the car is usually used for short journeys. how do I get his e-mail please? never been on a forum before. I am concerned as the car will soon be out of warranty. they say this will fix the problem of the spanner coming on again but I am not convinced. have also had issues with rust on the tail gate and the air con. desperate to resolve this issue before the warranty runs out. if it's something I can do at home-I have a good knowledge of cars-the i'd really appreciate it.
See post earlier in this thread for how to force a regen.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

jtucker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:28 pm...Anchor man doesn't have the "contact" on his posts so I am stumped. or is it my ineptness re I.T.?..
OK, if you're viewing these forums on a mobile phone rather than a computer, the Contact icon doesn't appear. In that case you can tap the user name at the top of a post to view the user's profile and then tap 'Send private message'.
Julian.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Thanks JT.

jtucker. I’m not prepared to put the process on the forum because it is a special procedure. If you send me a private message, I’ll give you some contact details and we can discuss exactly what is going on with your car and then I’ll tell you about the forced regen process.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
jtucker

Post by jtucker »

I did try but it won't let me send a private message. Can give you an email address you could contact? But unsure if you would do this or if it's not good to post emails? Never been on a forum before but desperate to resolve this issue
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

jtucker wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:30 pm I did try but it won't let me send a private message. Can give you an email address you could contact? But unsure if you would do this or if it's not good to post emails? Never been on a forum before but desperate to resolve this issue
Try a PM (Private Message) again as most forums allow PM's after a new user has posted 3 'posts' (as you now have).
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...