I-stop data please let me know yours, just for interest.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Having experienced many failures with this system I am looking for your experiences and data, just for info, no other reason, so please feel free to contribute.
2L Sport Nav
Manual transmission
Petrol
MY 2015
Current mileage 17000
I stop savings 50 miles.

Thanks
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Sorry, I have no idea what mine is, it just switches off when I stop and starts again when I want to move forward. I guess it saves money, but I never check the readings. It doesn't seem important really. I just enjoy driving it and it appears to be very economical. 'It is what it is'!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I never check mine. As Strangeways said it turns off engine and starts again.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Mine works seamlessly, but really the Data regarding it cannot be of use unless you are aware of the type of driving that has been done, as of course mostly motorway miles it will have rarely been used, alternatively all town driving more stopped miles will be recorded.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Had a new battery fitted under warranty today, did not immediately i-stop, but by the time I had driven home from dealer it did. They said it might take 24 hours to settle down. Let's hope it is sorted now.
So with 2 trips to the dealer at 30 miles each way I am already 70 miles out of pocket with this i-stop thing. It needs to be stopping alot more often than it has up to now to make up this deficit.

It's a shame that no body has shared their data with regard to i-stop figures as I had hoped, but eh, go figure. Maybe everyone else has great figures that make this an essential gaget to have, I'll just never know that mine is the odd one out.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Glad to read you got a new battery. You just need to keep it charged up now. particularly if you're doing infrequent and short trips.

i-stop improves fuel economy by approximately eight percent (under Japan's JC08 mode test cycle) and of course there is no exhaust pollution when the engine isn't running.

As others have already said, it is what it is, and the amount of time the engine is stopped by i-stop will depend on the type of journeys made. I never turn mine off by the dashboard switch but control it by the footbrake so that I don't engage it when I'm going to be stopped for a very short time at, say a pedestrian crossing or waiting to turn right in very light traffic. In 28,905 miles of driving, it claims to have saved 10.4 miles, but then on my daily commute I'm very lucky that I'm nearly always moving and rarely stuck in a traffic jam. I'm not concerned because it's just a feature the car happens to have, rather than a feature I particularly wanted.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Clunk click, every trip. I am old enough to remember that seat belt TV safety ad featuring (shock horror!) the late Jimmy Saville.

Now it is i-stop OFF every trip. I find it nothing but a nuisance and a distraction when driving, and as I live in rural Somerset covering about 6000 miles a year, any saving in petrol would be infinitesimal. I cut my teeth on cars of the 1950's, and when the engine unexpectedly stopped I knew I had a problem. I hope that by pressing the dashboard switch every time to disable i-stop, the wretched thing will eventually give up.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

It's easy enough not to use it if your that against it without having to keep button pushing.

Can't really see what the issue is personally.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

I don't have an issue with it, but I expected it to save a little more than it has. I know its progress, and it is often the only way to have it forced upon us, but I would have just liked it to be more beneficial, or at least cost neutral.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I haven't had an issue with it either. I've currently done circa 17,200 miles with the i-stop total time at 6 hr 56 minutes. That must be worth a few miles.
Mum - This total figure only seems to appear in the bottom right corner of the I-stop app when the I-stop is functioning (e.g. sitting at traffic lights) - make sure the rest of the menu is hidden otherwise you cannot see it. You may be reading the stop time for either the journey you're on or for the current tankful of petrol that shows when the engine tis turned off (supposing you have that function turned on)
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.