Lighting

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Something is confusing me (yes Monty I know that's not difficult :lol: ).
Dimming of the nav screen sometimes mine dims when the lights are on but not always , Is there a sensor which only dims it when there is low light in the cabin, can't seem to make sence of it.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Yes, the panel lights dim independently of the outside lights so they will remain bright if you have your lights on in the day. They will dim under a bridge or other low light.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

DaveG wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:10 pm Something is confusing me (yes Monty I know that's not difficult :lol: ).
Dimming of the nav screen sometimes mine dims when the lights are on but not always , Is there a sensor which only dims it when there is low light in the cabin, can't seem to make sence of it.
:D
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thank you anchorman
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

If you just flick the stick switch on the right above the speedo the screen will stay bright whatever the headlights are doing

Obviously if you’re driving at night and need the screen to dim just flick it back left and it will return to being sinced to the headlights, providing you have them in Auto
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

While on the subject of lighting (and confusion) in the infotainment system for the navmaps there is a choice of day, night or auto. I have mine on auto but it does not automatically change when it gets dark - it stays on the day (bright0setting. I have to constantly turn the dimmer above the speedo when it gets dark otherwise the screen glares. Am I doing something wrong? Surely it should not be necessary to go through this operation every time it gets dark.

Cherrs all.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

That doesn't sound right.

Mine's on auto and the display dims whenever the headlights come on.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

rockposer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:30 am That doesn't sound right.

Mine's on auto and the display dims whenever the headlights come on.
Hi, when you dims, does it just dim or change from day mode to night mode. My previous car had two distinct modes, in the day mode things like green fields showed as green, in night mode the colour disappeared and the whole screen was a lot more subdued.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Set your night mode to how much you want the screen dimmed using the control on the screen. Then leave your Infotainment screen setting on Auto and the stalk on the instrument cluster at some point to the left. The infotainment screen will then dim to your chosen night mode brightness whenever your sidelights/headlights are on. Only turn the stalk on the instrument cluster fully right when you want to temporarily cancel auto dimming (if you need to use your lights during the day in fog for example).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Thanks JT,
I will give it a try