Traffic sign recognition (TSR)

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Mine only seems to display the current speed limit, according to the manual it should also display no entry and stop signs when appropriate.
Are others the same, or is mine malfunctioning, thanks.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I've got the old fashioned model, so I have to spot them through the windscreen :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:23 pm I've got the old fashioned model, so I have to spot them through the windscreen :D
Agreed so do I,but its just irritating if you have a feature which you obviously payed for in the cost of the car which doesn't work ;)
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Mine shows the speed but not always correct. I suspect it’s better at US stop signs.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:23 pm I've got the old fashioned model, so I have to spot them through the windscreen :D
Agreed so do I,but its just irritating if you have a feature which you obviously payed for in the cost of the car which doesn't work ;)
I agree Dave, I don't really know why they are there. Do the manufacturers really think that we only look at the HUD and not at the road?
They would have done better to concentrate on the quality of the sat nav. My Garmin is 1000% better (okay I know that's not possible) and it shows me the most important thing of all, an accurate speed.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

DaveG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm Mine only seems to display the current speed limit, according to the manual it should also display no entry and stop signs when appropriate.

For a do not enter sign to be shown in the Active Display, the vehicle speed has to be about 50 mph or slower and the vehicle passes the sign :o
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That you JT, that explains it then if you have to pass a sign for it to work the no entry will never show, well hopefully not :lol:
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

jtonline wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:03 pm
DaveG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm Mine only seems to display the current speed limit, according to the manual it should also display no entry and stop signs when appropriate.

For a do not enter sign to be shown in the Active Display, the vehicle speed has to be about 50 mph or slower and the vehicle passes the sign :o

Are they fitting Irish heads up displays now.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I also find mine struggles with the national speed limit sign. I am sure that once it works out that I am going faster than the one indicated in the HUD it changes to 60 or 70. Does it work in-conjunction with the Sat Nav?
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Handy Andy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:45 am I also find mine struggles with the national speed limit sign. I am sure that once it works out that I am going faster than the one indicated in the HUD it changes to 60 or 70. Does it work in-conjunction with the Sat Nav?

From what I've read in the owner's manual, it uses the FSC to read a speed limit sign, however, if a sign is not recognised it will use the sat nav map data for the speed limit notifications (and will therefore not work if the SD card is missing).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd