Screen wash warning.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Strangways wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm What about the windscreen wipers that worked on a vacuum system. The faster you drove the slower the wipers worked. :lol:
Or the wipers on my 1937 Vauxhall Fourteen, cable driven from the camshaft, which went faster the faster you drove.

This car also had cable brakes, which seldom pulled the car up straight under heavy braking. Happy days!
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Tappets! I wish I had a pound for every one I’ve set. It must be thousands.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Wow this thread is turning into a real nostalgia trip, blimey I feel old.

Gallon of petrol and two shots of two stroke oil - 2/6p (two and six pence) or in new money 13p

Tappets - there was always one tricky one wasn't there
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Strangways wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm What about the windscreen wipers that worked on a vacuum system. The faster you drove the slower the wipers worked. :lol:
Arrgghhh.... Yes my 100E had these - a real pain going up hill in the rain as you had to occasionally lift your right foot up to enable a wipe...
And the 100E was a side valved engine - what a pain adjusting tappets!

(How far off topic can this go? :roll: )
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm
Arrgghhh.... Yes my 100E had these - a real pain going up hill in the rain as you had to occasionally lift your right foot up to enable a wipe...
And the 100E was a side valved engine - what a pain adjusting tappets!

(How far off topic can this go? :roll: )
Yes I had the 100E and it only had a 3 speed gearbox :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Strangways wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 pm Yes I had the 100E and it only had a 3 speed gearbox :D
I taught my wife to drive in ours, plus she used it on the test and the examiner tried to fail her on miss-use of the gears until she explained it only had 3 and she *wasn't* pulling away in second! :lol:
He didn't like the car from the off... As it was hand painted bright orange covered in aphid legs where they had landed on it in the drying sun :?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 pm...covered in aphid legs...

:lol:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
countryman

Post by countryman »

Appreciate this old thread for confirming what I now realise is yet another example of penny-pinching by Mazda. Especially as I got stuck with a filthy windscreen and no water. For the last twenty years and on all my previous cars, a low washer level warning light was fitted. Different manufacturers. Mazda, like too many other manufacturers, delight in stuffing their cars with useless gizmos like Lane Divergence or whatever it's called and i-Stop...why not make that also a 'I want it OFF. Period. I don't want to have to keep remembering'.

Years ago I had an RX-7. Fabulous engine. Superb engineering. Pity the same could not be said about their ferric oxide bodyshells on it. I never bought another Mazda until recently and so gave them the benefit of the doubt after all this time. Washer level light ? Huh...I haven't even got damn dipstick.

Had to abandon the car a few weeks back in a few inches of snow on a hill. 4WD....don't make me laugh. Perhaps it was those gripless twitchy Toyo tyres they've foisted on users ?

Bottom-line...one of my worst car purchases. Once we've sold our house and relocated will be looking to sell it ASAP.
Mazda CX-3 2.0 150 Sport Nav + 5dr AWD Petrol Manual