Rear screen water wash pump

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
garry6993

Post by garry6993 »

Hi has anyone experienced any problems with the rear water washer pump! I have a 2017 2.0 sport Nav.
The pump has continually run, emptying the washer fluid bottle, then still run on when the car ignition is off ? had to pull the fuse out to avoid any damage to the pump !
The car is going into Mazda tomorrow for it's first service hopefully they can sort it out !
just wondering if anybody else has experienced this fault.
many thanks,
garry6993

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

No, not had this problem (yet). Hopefully your dealer can sort out your electrical gremlins without too much bother.

Incidentally, the pump for the front and rear washers is the same one with two outlets and just reverses direction. Some models have a second pump on the bottle that is used for headlight washers.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It must be getting power so could be the switch.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

In years gone by when I had my Mini, it was straightforward to do anything with the electrics. On the CX-3 you flip the switch for the wipers and/or washers and the start stop unit, body control module, electrical supply unit, CAN and LIN communications all get involved :roll: :D

1. When the rear wiper and washer switch is in the rear washer position with the ignition switched ON (engine off or on), the start stop unit detects the rear washer switch on signal.
2. The start stop unit sends the rear washer switch on signal to the BCM via CAN communication.
3. When the BCM receives the rear washer switch on signal, it sends the rear washer operation request signal to the ESU via LIN communication.
4. When the ESU receives the rear washer operation request signal, the washer motor is driven and washer fluid is sprayed from the rear nozzle.
5. When the BCM receives the rear washer switch on signal for a certain period of time, it sends the synchronized washer rear wiper operation request signal to the ESU.
6. When the ESU receives a synchronized washer rear wiper operation request signal, the rear wiper is operated from the park position, twice.

Phew!
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
garry6993

Post by garry6993 »

Thank you for your comments, car in the dealers at the moment I will update you all if the dealer is forthcoming with a fix.
garry6993

Post by garry6993 »

No update yet ! I was told by admin lady that they are awaiting part, no other details, sorry, when I get it fixed hopefully next week I will let you all know. fitter pulled fuse left me with no front or rear screen wash or rear wiper. Hope they sort it soon as I need my car for work.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

No loan car?
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

My CX-3 has just come back from the dealer after 4 days on it’s 3rd visit over a 3 week period for the rear wash not working. Visit 1 was unable to detect the reason for the fault through general electrical circuit checks and OBD investigation. Visit 2 was to remove the front bumper for a more in depth investigation but again I was informed they were unable to identify reason for fault. After the 3rd visit it was identified that the ECU was defective, I then had to wait 2 days for the part to be delivered. A courtesy car was made available on the 3rd visit. So in conclusion this appears not to be an isolated issue.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

An ECU for rear window washers! Whatever next??
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
garry6993

Post by garry6993 »

Thanks Knibbo for your comments STILL NOT FIXED! told me they haven't seen this problem before! how do you order a part if you don't know what your looking at!! still awaiting part could have gone to Belgium and picked up the part myself if I knew what it was :( not the best mazda experience!