Space saver for Mazda 3???

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Anyone here know if this would be suitable for the CX-3? The PCD and bolt pattern etc??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Mazd ... Swn3VarN3y

If so I think I'll bid on it! :)

Thanks for looking.

EDIT - Collection only, damn! - Still, would be nice to know if it fits??
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I couldn't read the PCD marking on that wheel. Probably is correct. However I don't think the tyre size shown in that ebay ad is correct for the CX-3 space saver. According to the Mazda UK Accessories site where they show the 16" space saver spare wheel and assorted items - they don't include the tyre in their package - they say the recommended tyre size is T125/90D16 98M. The one in that ad is 125/70 so the wrong profile.

Don't forget you'll also need to get the scissor jack and wheel brace (?) and polystyrene (?) fitting bits - later might really only be necessary or useful to enable the brace to be held in place - along with the actual wheel and tyre. Also if you get a puncture on the front wheel then you need to move a full size back wheel to the front and fit the space saver to the back so addiitional hassle. If I'd know this I would probably have gone for a full size spare wheel and tyre combination and lived with a slightly non-flat boot floor.

If you want more info re the full size 18" wheel and tyre combination, then I suggest a search for Full Size Spare Wheel in the box on the top left of this page above the cx-3forums graphic. I'm sure you'll find links to various postings about how to fit a full size wheel and tyre in the CX-3 boot. For example, I found this link there to jtonline's notes in his site http://www.jtonline.info/18-inch-spare-wheel/ plus anchorman's notes on this link viewtopic.php?f=11&t=265

Here are two alternative sites for the 16" space saver spare wheel and tyre packages you might want to check out :-

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/mazda-cx ... brace.html

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2015-2017-MAZDA ... 2117057951
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Thanks for the info st3v3cx-3.

I have those ebay links 'watched' already and read through jt's blog - but haven't seen anchorman's notes.
I 'thought' I had a spare scissor jack and brace in the shed...... But I've also got 2 sons!!!
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

If my dealer doesn't offer me a decent price for the full space saver set (for CX-3's with subwoofer) then I'll probably post it up on Ebay.

Originally bought it from one of the other members on here.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Shortly will be three years since the first CX-3 was delivered, there well may be a number that go up for sale at that point!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Gus wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm Shortly will be three years since the first CX-3 was delivered, there well may be a number that go up for sale at that point!
All eye's on eBay soon then :)
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

AndyRen wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:47 pm
Gus wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm Shortly will be three years since the first CX-3 was delivered, there well may be a number that go up for sale at that point!
All eye's on eBay soon then :)
At this rate we will bidding against each other... :lol:
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

My Space Saver as delivered with my new car last November will be available soon. Only the wheel & tyre as the foam surrounds, jack etc. will be kept for the 18" alloy I have just bought. I've just got to pop a tyre on it this weekend if I get time, if not then next weekend.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.