Smart Brake Support warning light.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Well i never thought buying a Mazda that a amber warning light would show on the dashboard and after only a week .

It was the Smart Brake Support warning light and after reading this forum and other google sources it would appear to be because it was frosty on the screen this morning although others say it can be caused by mist/rain etc.

Not impressed although it has now gone out but thought Mazda would have better engineered this modern technology to stop this from happening.

That's the problem with all this tech more to go wrong.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:02 pm
It was the Smart Brake Support warning light and after reading this forum and other google sources it would appear to be because it was frosty on the screen this morning although others say it can be caused by mist/rain etc.
Its justas this time of year it might happen. It might be frustrating but complaining that the window is frosty or misted isn’t really the cars fault IMO.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Would you rather the system didn’t tell you it was temporarily inoperative?

It’s just as likely to come on if your windscreen is dirty.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Point taken but i am not sure it should happen in this day and age and also i couldn't find anything in the manual that says frost/ice or dirty windscreen will cause the warning light to come on.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I didn’t mean my post to be as direct as it has probably come across I share some of the frustrations across ALL software, not just automotive.

My other toys are far more problematic.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Now ladies!!!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White